Ernie Washington & Sherri Taylor

Guest SoulHenrik

Guest SoulHenrik

í…½2 R&B Wants:

Ernie Washington - Lonesome Shack (Chattahoochee original, not interested in the belgian repro)

Sherri Taylor - He's the one that rings my bell (Gloreco or PG, preferably Gloreco since it tends to be cheaper :-))

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes, preferably on Gloreco as PG is a dubious second press. Gloreco is the label. gloreco is the legit label.

Totally disagree, had both labels myself, PG is a local issue (therefore first issue), Gloreco is national issue. My PG issue has proper stamp in runout. Don't know where you got your info from???

Social source share

Gloreco.jpgSherriPG.jpg

Just have a look at both labels. Colours and tipography are too modern on PG release, very 80s but not 60s and the design is more at home with a bootleg than with a proper legit release. The timing is wrong on PG (3:02) and it's right on Gloreco (2:34). On PG "Rings my bell" is the "Side 1" while on Gloreco is the "Side 2". Name of producer is wrongly written too on PG, it's not Paul Gerranni but Paul Cirranni as on Gloreco. Name of composers: two on Gloreco (Tony Clark - Raquel Davis) and only one on PG and (once again) wrongly written (Tony ClarD??). The tittle is also wrong on PG: "He's the one WHO rings my bell" and it's right on Gloreco: "He's the one THAT rings my bell". PG is a fake label taken from a misspelt name: Paul Gerranni (PG) and the band George Martin and the Cruisers (who don't appear at all on Gloreco) are just some kind of joke. Everything is wrong about PG. If you see both on pics or in flesh the feeling is that Gloreco is an original and PG a poor pressing.

Social source share

Just have a look at both labels. Colours and tipography are too modern on PG release, very 80s but not 60s and the design is more at home with a bootleg than with a proper legit release. The timing is wrong on PG (3:02) and it's right on Gloreco (2:34). On PG "Rings my bell" is the "Side 1" while on Gloreco is the "Side 2". Name of producer is wrongly written too on PG, it's not Paul Gerranni but Paul Cirranni as on Gloreco. Name of composers: two on Gloreco (Tony Clark - Raquel Davis) and only one on PG and (once again) wrongly written (Tony ClarD??). The tittle is also wrong on PG: "He's the one WHO rings my bell" and it's right on Gloreco: "He's the one THAT rings my bell". PG is a fake label taken from a misspelt name: Paul Gerranni (PG) and the band George Martin and the Cruisers (who don't appear at all on Gloreco) are just some kind of joke. Everything is wrong about PG. If you see both on pics or in flesh the feeling is that Gloreco is an original and PG a poor pressing.

Interesting analysis :yes:

I have never been convinced by the PG release. Not saying it's not genuine - and there have been some awful miss-spellings on labels as we know - but I have never been tempted enough to part with money for a PG copy.

If it is a dodgy release then, given that copies often have quite a bit of wear and look 'old', when was it made? Plus, what was the demand for it - i.e.why bother?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Totally disagree, had both labels myself, PG is a local issue (therefore first issue), Gloreco is national issue. My PG issue has proper stamp in runout. Don't know where you got your info from???

Can you confirm the dead wax details with stamps and other marks please?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Source Advert