Sheridan's, Dewsbury

Guest nsoulxx

Yes Good old Sheridans, the birthplace of Lifeline, after looking for a long while for a venue me and Andy put the nuts and bolts together ,the birth of Lifeline began

opening night was a full house ,we even had to turn people away ,it went on to be the premier Allnighter of the North,

but sadly Bin Lardens Henchmen decided they din,t want white people in the so called Sheree law Dewsbury,a the last Allnighter a car load of the scum turned up t threatening to shoot us out of the club,little did they relise who they were messing with ,and our doorman big John,sadly no longer with us

had to be restrained or there would have been blood spilled that night thats for certain.

The Asian so called Bin Larden gangsters skidded off with a promise,they would burn us out, than have white people in there clubs,

Me and Andy decided as much as we loved the club

it was not worth putting our punters Life's in danger for sake of soul music and a great night out

sad it was to bow Asian scum,

Months later they burnt the club to the ground

Here is,some of the so called Sheree law these Fanatics preach from the Muslim state of Dewsbury

They don,t celebrate Christmas

No Television

No nude women

No Football

No Pork chops

No Hotdogs

No Burgers

No Beer

No Bacon

rags for clothes

towels for hats

constant wailing all day and all night from some idiot in a tower

more than one wife,more than one mother in-law

you can,t shave

,your wife can,t shave

you can't wash off the smell of a donkey

you wipe your ass with your hand

you eat your food with the same hand

you cook over burning camel dung

your wife is picked by someone else

your wifes smell worse than your donkey

Then they tell you that when you die it all gets better

Well no shit Sherlock,it's not like it could get much worse

those who never knew the area ,Sheree law posters Brits out of there Muslim country's posters pasted everywhere ,f*ck me is this my England,you would ask yourself,

Well Bin Larden and his no 2 lay in the bottom of the sea,there must be a God after all

Merry Xmas Everyone,and Lifeline still going strong,next date Sat 25th Feb 2012

Mick H.

hi mick was billy the door man with that litter yellow car may be wrong billy
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Ha ha................Sheree law these fanatics preach, feck me, laughed myself sideways. Should we list the stated requirements of the traditional northern soul dress code and it's limited musical restricted boundries.

Christ good job they do not own the Tower Ballroom and the Kings Hall, and wishing too preserve these vintage dying white traditions.

Pass me the one black glove, the shot gun and lets shoot more traditional unvalued blinked embarassment.

Merry Xmas.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aintgotit

I have a many cracking memories of sheridans although i didnt start going until it had been going about six months. After one particular night which i had gone to on the train from manchester I asked mark and ruth from york if i could get a lift to leeds with them as i had agreed to play football with my mates from the one in twelve club. Anyway, when i came to leave , it was about half nine in the morning , Mark is still dj,ing in the bar area, so he says ask ruth to take you . Sure enough i got to leeds for half ten, but the changing rooms were shut , so i got changed in the back of the car while we chatted away, then ruth drives back to barnsley. when the tournament finished at four, i looked in me bag and realise my mistake. so i called ruth and mark answers the phone with blaring house music in the background. "Er hi mark , ive just realised i ve left me trousers in the back seat of your car" . Oh , no worries mate he says , we,ll let you have em back , as were settin off in a minute, " From where mark ? , i ask , " He laughs again, Bloody sheridans were still in here. !

Social source share

It was set on fire after Lifeline ceased, as for the others, well they were both reported on local news, had nothing to do with Soul, one was before Lifeline returned & one after it had gone, hope that's a little clearer.

Take care,be safe & remember," He's behind yoooooooooou",

Spot. :shades:

Social source share

I hope for your sake Hoss isn't reading this :D

no chance of that, he'd have to borrow somebodys 'readers'.

Sheridans still owes me the deposit I gave them on the final Niter that they cancelled at short notice on us... good job it wasn't like previous events where we'd paid them up in full in advance - i had a gut feeling that they were about to bail so gave them the minimum.

Social source share

no chance of that, he'd have to borrow somebodys 'readers'.

Sheridans still owes me the deposit I gave them on the final Niter that they cancelled at short notice on us... good job it wasn't like previous events where we'd paid them up in full in advance - i had a gut feeling that they were about to bail so gave them the minimum.

was good times Joe , giving you my apologies for talking sh..e to you out side , couldnt stop jabbering for some reason. :yes:

Social source share

I remember the first Lifeline allnighter there. It was the first time I had managed to hear Butch Dj'ing after being recommended "you must see this guy" by Guy Hennigan. I even took my tape recorder to record his spot..............WOW! I don't think Butch has ever done a better set since that night, I was completely blown away. The place was rammed, that was a very special night indeed.

The place was a dump, the dance floor was downright dangerous [i used to dance on my own on the little dancefloor in the other room] but it certainly had atmosphere.

Social source share

I remember the first Lifeline allnighter there. It was the first time I had managed to hear Butch Dj'ing after being recommended "you must see this guy" by Guy Hennigan. I even took my tape recorder to record his spot..............WOW! I don't think Butch has ever done a better set since that night, I was completely blown away. The place was rammed, that was a very special night indeed.

The place was a dump, the dance floor was downright dangerous [i used to dance on my own on the little dancefloor in the other room] but it certainly had atmosphere.

That was a great night.

Only on the northern soul scene do venues like this exist.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!