Djr

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark

OK, not really a soul record question, but I'm sure someone here knows.....

What's the going rate for a copy of Eddie Jefferson's "Psychedelic Sally" on Prestige?

Wondering if I should cross it off the list or keep looking.....

Cheers.

i thought this was soul source....not jazz-funk source :wicked:

ring soul brother in putney, they'll be able to give you an up to date price

do you only want an original? i might be able to sell you a white label of the acid-jazz comp (from about 1985?) with it on for a lot less

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

i thought this was soul source....not jazz-funk source :wicked:

ring soul brother in putney, they'll be able to give you an up to date price

do you only want an original? i might be able to sell you a white label of the acid-jazz comp (from about 1985?) with it on for a lot less

Thats not Jazz Funk! Its jazz, allegedly.

The Prestige LP with this on is readily available on both original and reissue. I believe that the single is significantly harder to find but not impossible. Having said that, I'm now scratching my head as to whether I've actually seen one, but pretty sure there is a juke box 45 rpm, may even have one. In true Soul Source tradition when someone mentions a record, I much prefer the Horace Silver original which is available on a Blue Note 45. :unsure:

Social source share

Thats not Jazz Funk! Its jazz, allegedly.

The Prestige LP with this on is readily available on both original and reissue. I believe that the single is significantly harder to find but not impossible. Having said that, I'm now scratching my head as to whether I've actually seen one, but pretty sure there is a juke box 45 rpm, may even have one. In true Soul Source tradition when someone mentions a record, I much prefer the Horace Silver original which is available on a Blue Note 45. :wicked:

Hi!

Eddie Jefferson version was issued as a 45, much louder mix than the Lp, both copies i've had sold for 50 quid or so, wouldn't mind getting hold of one now. There's also a very good instrumental cover by Lionel Hampton

Best!

Eduard

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Thanks for the info everyone.

Stuart - have the Blue Note 45 you mention, and I quite like it, but I would really like to a copy of the Eddie Jefferson version (it's one of a few Prestige 45s I've yet to find).

Do you have a complete listing of what was released on Prestige? I was somewhat startled a few years ago to find Roy Haynes Dorian off the Cracklin' LP on 45 and Yusseff Lateef Love Theme From Spartacus. When hunting down the Roy Haynes Lp (before the reissue) I came across US jazz dealers who'd never even had the 70s reissue in stock, so was surprised that e.bay provided a mint 45 for $3! Would love the Lateef on a Moodsville 45, if there is one.

Eduard, was the 45 a juke box only issue or actually for sale?

Social source share

Do you have a complete listing of what was released on Prestige?

No, haven't that, sorry!

Eduard, was the 45 a juke box only issue or actually for sale?

It was an issue, light blue label

Best!

Eduard

Social source share

I'd say £100 for this at least. That's what I'd pay for it anyway. It's very rare compared with other 45s from about the same time like 'Fire Eater' by Rusty Bryant. Never turns up.

I thought it might be closer to this price when I asked my question.....

Anyway, found a discography of the 700 series Prestige 45s here.

Earlier 45 releases also seem accessible through this site.

Edited by djr
Social source share

Source Advert