Tunes That Made You All Excited.........2011

hullsoul

Hi

December is usually a month for reflection of the past year so I thought I'd throw this up for a bit of fun to see what tunes have been exciting people in the last year.This could be ones you've heard out,ones you've bought,off a CD,ones you dug out the back of your collection.Anything that gets you all giddy & can't hear them enough..................

(this is not an oldies V newies,70'ts V R n B etc. thread so just respect what excites each different person)

One's for me been played out............

Martha Bass-Since I've Been Born Again Checker LP

Charles Johnson-I Made A Mistake Rainbo (would have been on 2010 list as well)

Ray Williams-Gonna Get Even Space

Hector Rivera-I Want A Chance For Romance Barry

Barrett Strong-Sugar Daddy Acetate

Dam Sam-Miracle Man Tayster

(Many more I can't remember just yet........it's my age)

Ones I've bought.............

Gene McDaniels - Sweet Lover No More Columbia

Louise Murray - The Love I Give Verve

Mamselles - Open Up Your Heart (Let Love Out) ABC

Lou Rawls - Breaking My Back Capitol Creative Products

The Sonny Gordon Five-The Dance Coral

Tom Storm - I Love You Ge Ge

The Rayons-You Confused Me Baby Forte

Benny Poole-Pearl.Baby Pearl

Coasters - Down in Mexico Atco

(Many more but will call it for now)

Cheers

Martyn

Mods sorry if this is the wrong forum feel free to move it?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi

December is usually a month for reflection of the past year so I thought I'd throw this up for a bit of fun to see what tunes have been exciting people in the last year.This could be ones you've heard out,ones you've bought,off a CD,ones you dug out the back of your collection.Anything that gets you all giddy & can't hear them enough..................

(this is not an oldies V newies,70'ts V R n B etc. thread so just respect what excites each different person)

One's for me been played out............

Martha Bass-Since I've Been Born Again Checker LP

Charles Johnson-I Made A Mistake Rainbo (would have been on 2010 list as well)

Ray Williams-Gonna Get Even Space

Hector Rivera-I Want A Chance For Romance Barry

Barrett Strong-Sugar Daddy Acetate

Dam Sam-Miracle Man Tayster

(Many more I can't remember just yet........it's my age)

Ones I've bought.............

Gene McDaniels - Sweet Lover No More Columbia

Louise Murray - The Love I Give Verve

Mamselles - Open Up Your Heart (Let Love Out) ABC

Lou Rawls - Breaking My Back Capitol Creative Products

The Sonny Gordon Five-The Dance Coral

Tom Storm - I Love You Ge Ge

The Rayons-You Confused Me Baby Forte

Benny Poole-Pearl.Baby Pearl

Coasters - Down in Mexico Atco

(Many more but will call it for now)

Cheers

Martyn

Mods sorry if this is the wrong forum feel free to move it?

Bought Lou Rawls as well Martyn...might have been 2010 though. What a cracking tune! Was lucky enough to get Damn Samn recently and it has a great hard edged dancer on other side too...Need one of those Ray Williams if you find two??

Phil

Social source share

Ray Williams if you find two??

Phil

In my dreams & yours come to that :D..........I'm jealous of your Dam Sam makes it even better been a double sider,only heard Dave Ripolles play it out recently.

Since I got my Lou I've only seen one other,been told it's came out on a French EP as well LP........great dancer.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Phil

In my dreams & yours come to that :D..........I'm jealous of your Dam Sam makes it even better been a double sider,only heard Dave Ripolles play it out recently.

Since I got my Lou I've only seen one other,been told it's came out on a French EP as well LP........great dancer.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn .... think yr right Lou R isn't that common. Got mine from Baz Atkinson and he'd not had it before. The Damn Sam was just right place right time ... and I'm with you flip is great too .... my preferred side! Let me know when you find a box of Ray Williams!!

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

Hi Martyn .... think yr right Lou R isn't that common. Got mine from Baz Atkinson and he'd not had it before. The Damn Sam was just right place right time ... and I'm with you flip is great too .... my preferred side! Let me know when you find a box of Ray Williams!!

Cheers

Phil

Phil

When I got my Lou I got another one from the same bloke but not seen another since as I know a few who want one?I dare say there's a warehouse full of them just behind a load of pallets of crisps...........as that's what it was a give away for :D

I'm afraid you gonna have to get in line for Ray Williams........I think I'll be at the back :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert