The Counts - It Takes A Bunch A Lovin

Bo Diddley

I spotted this on eBay the other week and checked the sound file. I liked it and thought I'd give it a go if it was cheap. None on popsike to check against.

The Counts - It takes a bunch a lovin - "Always IN Sounds" label

It went for $854 !!!

Any info on this one?

I've probably been living under a stone and you lot are all on the look out for it!!.

Cheers

Kev Bod

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I saw that and was wondering about it too. Based on the bidding I assume it was something that was "known" by certain people. I was wondering if it was the carolinas counts or some totally different group (I could probably figure it out but didn't put in the time at least).

Social source share

IT'S WEST COAST L.A. AT A GUESS , IF YOU WENT TO THE QUEEN'S HALL BRADFORD I WAS PLAYING IT THERE BETTER KNOWN AS " LITTLE RICHIE SOMETHING CALLED LOVE " ABOUT 1990 THAT'S A FEW YEARS AGO . STILL GOT THE RECORD'S IN MY COLLECTION TODAY . I FOUND THE DISC AT EDDIES THREE WAY RECORDS IN NEW ORLEANS IN 1989 JUST THE ONE MIND YOU . IT MUST BE PRETTY HARD TO FIND ELSE THEY WOULD HAVE TURNED UP BY NOW . YOU NEVER KNOW THOUGH........ALSO OUT OF THE SAME SHOP I FOUND THE " THE INMATES ON KOPIT " WHICH GARY SPENCER PLAYED

Social source share

Thanks for the replies. I'd be interested to know if anybody has been playing it recently to create enough interest to sell for that amount.

Any other records on the label?

The record is extremely rare so why shouldn't it generate a decent sale price? If it was better known it would be a lot more.

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert