Barbara Lynn - Movin On A Groove (Jetstream)

Cally49

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

yeah they were £20 each ted,think they started at £10 each but rocketed to £20 as it started to get plays,lol

Actually John A's (soul bowl) initial price was £2 at the shop in manchester. He had 350 copies; I know this because i put him onto the load that he purchased from Huey Meaux, the Texas record producer. I still have the sales (crazy cajun) catalog detailing the quantities of records that were for sale eg. jack montgomery-scepter 40 copies, ascots-just a few feet from the gutter 30 copies, lorrain rudolph-jet stream 700 copies, bj thomas-i dont have a mind of my own-pacemaker 1400 copies etc.

Social source share

And available from Boxing Day from any good record store for a fiver or less!

BACKB021 Backbeats - Soul A La Mode - 1970's Modern Soul

Compiled by Ian Dewhirst

sml_gallery_9434_6261_632581.jpg

1 Bobby Womack I Don't Know

2 Lloyd Price Love Music

3 Gavin Christopher This Side of Heaven

4 Don Thomas Come On Train

5 Willie Hobbs 'Till I Get It Right

6 The Anderson Brothers I Can See Him Loving You

7 Africano Satisfactorise Your Mind

8 The Montclairs Hung Up On Your Love

9 Gene Chandler Don't Have To Be Lying Babe

10 Wales Wallace Somebody I Know

11 Skull Snaps I'm Your Pimp

12 Barbara Lynn Movin' On A Groove

13 Sidney Joe Qualls I Don't Do This (To Every Girl I Meet)

14 Jackie Wilson Because Of You

15 Brief Encounter Human

16 Bobby Walls & Co Just You and Me

17 Danny Hunt What's Happening To Our Love Affair

18 Tony Drake Suddenly

19 Ben Monroe Broken Home

20 Ann Peebles If This Is Heaven

21 The Impressions Love Love Love

22 Leroy Hutson Ella Weez

23 The Winstons Color Him Father

HMV Link: https://hmv.com/hmvwe...primaryID=music

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.co...22298685&sr=1-1

Ian D :D

Social source share

Actually John A's (soul bowl) initial price was £2 at the shop in manchester. He had 350 copies; I know this because i put him onto the load that he purchased from Huey Meaux, the Texas record producer. I still have the sales (crazy cajun) catalog detailing the quantities of records that were for sale eg. jack montgomery-scepter 40 copies, ascots-just a few feet from the gutter 30 copies, lorrain rudolph-jet stream 700 copies, bj thomas-i dont have a mind of my own-pacemaker 1400 copies etc.

WOW!! fascinating stuff mark,take it you mean the original expansions shop near the CIS on corporation street,remember the jack montgomery's on the weekly sales list circa 75-76 at 75p every week.
Social source share

WOW!! fascinating stuff mark,take it you mean the original expansions shop near the CIS on corporation street,remember the jack montgomery's on the weekly sales list circa 75-76 at 75p every week.

yes, Expansion records, that Dean eventually etched a living from. Great times, when Manchester had a bunch of soul outlets.

Social source share

Source Advert