You Naughty Keighly Soulies

De-to

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The bouncers checked oaps bags for drugs, booze, n talc, police did not swoop as operation Johnson &johnson hots up and could go as far as Blackpool to seek out these culprits DNA from a zimmer frame will help find this unruly mob and bring them to justice A member of the keighley 7 declined to comment for fear of reprisals from the local whist drive members who it is said have some really tough looking women playing for them being from keighley myself I think i could be safe saying this but who knows!!?

Social source share

Update on the Keighley BUS-PASSERS! As they have been called the daily papers have gotten a hold of this story and may run it mid week . Loud music, talcum powder and folk enjoying themselves,Scandalous!! Over 40 as well this can't happen again people must be miserable at this age lol don't think so! party down you cocoon wannabes but leave the backdrops to younger legs.

Social source share

In a week which saw a 16 year old boy injured in an axe attatck, planned exspansion of the Airdale Shopping centre , the arrest of a man suspected of Rape and local singer releasing a Christmas charity song, the Keighley News decides to lead with the front page headline 'Soul Fans Banned from Club'. If we measure by word count alone you make this eight times more important than thousands of local workers supporting a national strike for decent pensions.

I wasn;t at the event where soul fans were alledged to have caused 'noise and damage and smuggled in alchol', but Ive been to Soul events at this venue before and hundreds of others over many years. Ive never seen , (a few dodgey dance moves and fashion disasters aside..!) any bad behaviour even close to seeing Soul fans being banned. In fact we are a pretty likeable well behaved bunch , who have used Talcum powder on dance floors to improve our dance moves with no complaint.

I would suggest the Catholic Centre and the Keighley News learn to keep things in perspective , or risk - as The Temptations sang - A Ball of Confusion.

Rich in Keighley...

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

With how hard pushed most venues are to make a profit you'd think they'd be only too glad of the trade, its one of those commity things isnt it, we got banned from our church hall cause we planned to have halloween cakes at my sons 5th bday!

Nice to see a church actually upholding its beliefs don't ya think?

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I was at the last few soul nights at the Longfield suite in Prestwich and the bouncers there were stopping people using talc on"Health and Safety "grounds

They even sent people out with brushes to clean it up Then stuck those yellow "Wet Floor "Signs on the Dangerous area's

Absolutely Ridiculous !

It is no wonder numbers then dropped off and it shut down !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!