Top Motown Lp Only Tracks

Sjclement

MARTHA REEVES AND THE VANDELLAS....My all time favourite Motown LP only track....a truly fantastic piece of 60s Girly/Femme Soul....This thread - and it could go on for a long time yet - shows exactly what a treasure trove of tracks there are sitting on these albums and the vast majority of the dancers never celebrated on our scene simply because they don't measure 7 inches...What a sad case of neglect... :hatsoff2:

This does exist in 7'', it comes on a USA mini LP with 2 tracks on each side (solid centred). I bought one quite a few years back and it was supposed to come with a picture sleeve but didn't . The seller told me he had lost it!! Cost £30 I think....wonder if anyone out there has the sleeve to post up?? Unfortunately my single is in storage so I can't post up. ''I'll follow you'' was another of the four tracks.

Social source share

MARTHA REEVES AND THE VANDELLAS....My all time favourite Motown LP only track....a truly fantastic piece of 60s Girly/Femme Soul....This thread - and it could go on for a long time yet - shows exactly what a treasure trove of tracks there are sitting on these albums and the vast majority of the dancers never celebrated on our scene simply because they don't measure 7 inches...What a sad case of neglect... :hatsoff2:

Hi Rich ... this track does exist on a 7''!! It came out on a solid centred USA mini LP disc. It has 4 tracks on it ''I'll follow you'' being one of the others, can't remember the other two. Would love to dig it out and provide more details but it's in storage at a mates. It has a picture cover apparently but the UK seller who sold it to me said he'd lost it....reckoned he liked the piccy personally!! Cost £30 about 7 years back. When its back in my hands will post the details up.

Social source share

The cover of the EP is the same as the "Watchout" album.

There are 3 songs per side. Side One has "I'm Ready For Love", "One Way Out" and "Jimmy Mack".

Side Two includes "I'll Follow You", "No More Tearstained Makeup" and "Tell Me I'll Never Be Alone".

Thanks yank ... my memory is coming back now!! Had it in my head it was only four tracks but remember now some of their hits were on it too. Didn't realise cover was the same...

Social source share

a killer LP only track is the Monitors - Share the blame

another good one is the marvelettes "you're the one for me bobby"

Bob, Marvelettes "You're The One for Me Bobby" did come out on 45! It's on the flip of their last 45 "A Breath Taking Guy" on Tamla 54213 in 1971 :thumbsup:

( a cracking track as you say!)

steve

Social source share

couple thyat occured when flicking last night

Eddie Kendricks- girl you need a change of mind

(oft quoted as the first disco track, certainly well ahead of its time)

Thelma Houston- I'm here again again massive influencial disco cut

but while were at it anybody had

Thelma's verion of- I aint going nowhere? UK LP only apparantly

HOWSABOUT THIS THEN

KEV

post-2477-0-91402900-1322857394_thumb.jp

Social source share

double oops

HOWSABOUT THIS THEN

KEV

post-2477-0-91402900-1322857394_thumb.jp

double oops then, sposse it came out u.s. as well, I've got a few 7ts motown's but I've honstly never seen this or the eddie kendricks in my life, cant be rare I sposse but not that common either, I just assumed they were LP only tracks. Did either of them get 12 inch release I wonder?

Social source share

double oops

double oops then, sposse it came out u.s. as well, I've got a few 7ts motown's but I've honstly never seen this or the eddie kendricks in my life, cant be rare I sposse but not that common either, I just assumed they were LP only tracks. Did either of them get 12 inch release I wonder?

not certain checked a couple of listings inc this one https://www.broadwayboogaloo.co.uk/boogooA02.htm

and cannot see the thelma houston as a 12" it was released as a 7" in oz as well

kev

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Definetly one of the best Motown records ever in my book...Should have been a 45...magnificent recording from the same album as the previous M and K track....

Social source share

WHICH MEANS IT AINT AN LP ONLY TRACK

KEV

OK, 30 odd years has passed, but as far as the NS scene is concerned, "Tell Me It's Just A Rumour" was album only (Soul On The Rocks) untill it was released because of major plays on the scene.

Also I'd like to add,if it has not been mentioned already, "Share A Little Love" the Monitors.

Paul

Social source share

And another Marvin track, think this is album only.

Great track.

Previously unreleased, CD only I believe:

Originally released on :

The Master 1961-1984 Disc 1 #16

Then compiled by Richard Searling on Motown Connoisseurs, Vol. 2 2003

He played it regularly on CFOS during the early naughties.

Best

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Great track.

Previously unreleased, CD only I believe:

Originally released on :

The Master 1961-1984 Disc 1 #16

Then compiled by Richard Searling on Motown Connoisseurs, Vol. 2 2003

He played it regularly on CFOS during the early naughties.

Best

Mick

Thanks for the info Mick, Top tune it is as well, love it. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!