Would I Be Out Of Order If

Swifty

I have some records on ebay (Finishing Sunday) including 5 Job lots (1 of 35 Motown & 4 Lots of 20 70's & Demos). This isn't a sales pitch , honest !

Now I had no bids yet , although there a a few watching them but someone has asked if I would give them a price as a Buy It Now for all 5 Lots.

My dilemma is

1/ am I allowed to do this ?

2/ is it it ethical ?

3/ If it is ok to do this how do i take them off ebay?

if this is in the wrong section Mods , please feel free to move

Cheers

Swifty

Social source share

Swifty - I think your ethical dilema is about to be increased, as you may now find people looking for them and placing bids. I'm sat at a pc at the moment writing some education drivel, coming on here occasionally to keep my sanity:

Does this help:

Pring offers a distinction between morals; "concerned with what is right or wrong thing to do.", and ethics; "philosophical enquiry into the basis of morals or moral judgement" :sleep3: :sleep3: .

In the end it's up to you I think, and that's speaking as someone who very often waits until the last 5 seconds to bid. I think we can be a little guilty of taking ebay too serious sometimes, as a seller you want the most without misleading someone, as a buyer you want the bargain. I was talking to someone at work about ebay buying (not records in this case), he offered a seller a couple of buy it now offers which she turned down on principal. He ended winning the item (collect only) for min bid. Went round to collect and she was refusing to give it him for the min bid wanting to revert to the offer he made by email!

I know this isn't helping, I'm just bored.

Social source share

Your records and your selling them, so what you do is upto you. If they are willing to pay what you want for them, then what's the problem? If people want to watch and not bid, that's upto them. I do it myself, sometimes out of interest to see what they go for, othertimes incase I'm skint and hope they'll be relisted and if they sell then that's my loss.

Social source share

If you decide to remove them from sale, you need to go to your 'My Ebay, Selling'. On the right-hand side of the page against each item you will see a list of possible actions - one of which is 'End Item'. Select this and then follow the instructions.

I think I'm correct in saying though, that once an auction has less than 12 hours to go, you are unable to remove an item from sale.

Edited by Soul16
Social source share

there,s no problem, as long as you have NO bidders on the items, but if you did have bidders, then to me it would then be unethical to remove them, its a bit like when a buyer retracts a bid, it can be done but its deemed "unethical although sometimes its done with genuine reasons :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest leeham987

as said, if no bidders its fine. If someone has bid then it can be seen as wrong to sell them to someone else. But end o day they're your records to sell to who you want, also if your going to get more money for them, then fair dos, times are hard.

Social source share

Guest leeham987

Dilema sorted , made me an offer but I wanted a bit more , so he has decided to Bid on them and no doubt will

get the bloody things cheaper than he offered me in the first place DOH! :lol:

Hey Ho !

Swifty :thumbsup:

fingers crossed you get more mate.

private message me a link to your ebay for sale section, i'll have a gander :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!