Gregory Porter1960 What

Wiggyflat

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest lifeandsoul

i think the point is that the orig is 'better' (as a piece) but the opolopo mix is best for playing out because of the extra kick and bass

Social source share

There is a better track on the CD!

I see another f***ing Mario Bondi coming and this being played (on boot 7" obviously) in Village Halls at pensioners Northern Soul tea dances all over the (relative) North, being seen as progressive amongst the Charles Johnsons and Lou Kirtons, resulting in moaning and grumping about what is a great piece of music being ruined by the sound of Baaing as people dance.

And Bob that is exactly what it is, although I suspect that went over many heads faster than Concorde!

Oh well, maybe at least Kirk Franklin and Mario will get a rest, anyone for Brenda Boykin now???

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Good luck Ste. Not on vinyl yet so no chance of plays in O.V.O. venues which is a shame......... Ian D :D

Ian, the original vinyl only ethos only concerns original vinyl releases, the idea IMO is that tunes are played from the original format, whether that be vinyl, CD, MP3 or whatever & NOT only playing a tune if it was released on vinyl.

The major problem is, that most NS venues dont even have a CD player, let alone the means to play MP3's, promoters need to get with it with regards to equipment & DJ's need to be aware of what is out there on different formats.

Best Russ

Social source share

There is a better track on the CD! I see another f***ing Mario Bondi coming and this being played (on boot 7" obviously) in Village Halls at pensioners Northern Soul tea dances all over the (relative) North, being seen as progressive amongst the Charles Johnsons and Lou Kirtons, resulting in moaning and grumping about what is a great piece of music being ruined by the sound of Baaing as people dance. And Bob that is exactly what it is, although I suspect that went over many heads faster than Concorde! Oh well, maybe at least Kirk Franklin and Mario will get a rest, anyone for Brenda Boykin now???

Hello mate, hope you are well. A bit harsh :lol: ........I know what you mean, but if contemporary releases are played on the Rare Soul Scene I'm all for it personally, its just the DJ's tend to thrash anything available to death, instead of being sensible about exposure & how these things are fitted into thier sets.

All the best Russ

Social source share

Ian, the original vinyl only ethos only concerns original vinyl releases, the idea IMO is that tunes are played from the original format, whether that be vinyl, CD, MP3 or whatever & NOT only playing a tune if it was released on vinyl.

The major problem is, that most NS venues dont even have a CD player, let alone the means to play MP3's, promoters need to get with it with regards to equipment & DJ's need to be aware of what is out there on different formats.

Best Russ

Couldn't agree more Russ. :thumbsup:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert