Cee Lo Green Info Re..... I Want You

Diddy Morgan

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Ivor Jones

thanks for the reply ian , however what can i purchase this on cd or a 12 ?......

Not on either as far as i`m aware.....download only. Before it came out,earlier in the year,it was supposedly gonna come out as a "white label" bootleg 12",but ,as soon as i saw mention of this, about a week later of was "officially" released as a download...Im guessing here but i assume this was to stop the bootleg in its tracks. The "Jacksplash" version has been kicking around for a couple of years as an exclusive spin for Giles Peterson[Jazz Dj],he`s freinds with the producer apparently. Incidently,the version that appears on the video is slighltly different[though almost identical] to the Jack splash mix. I think its a replayed version due to licensing problems for samples. And finally.yes ,its completely different to the lp version,which itself is a very nice contempory Soul tune, but i think the remix takes it to another level......

Download only then im afraid...

best, Ivor Jones

Social source share

Cee Lo was a guest on Gilles Petersons radio show.He played a few tunes he'd done with Jack Splash.Nobody mentions the Jack Splash tune he played as well,which is called Someone special 4 u.I think that was better than I want you.You can hear it on U-Tube

That's Plantlife - Jack Splash's group. I'm playing it on the show tomorrow. Cute song but I think it's got a way to go to get up there with "I Want You" though (which incidentally is now in my all-time Top 100 LOL)....

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Amost Russ. They clipped the beginning which is a shame........

Ian D :D

Yep, youre right Ian..........reason being,it was lifted directly from one of Giles` radio shows where he talked over the gentle intro.....they just edited it down from there. This clip was posted up on you tube before the track was made available.In fact,that edited clip was the only way you could get hold of the track until it was released as a download....but now its available for all to buy. Well,those who arent blinkered about rareity and just appreciate good music that is.........Ive played this over and over for the last year or so and i can confirm that for me,its lost none of its magic. Vocally AND lyrically,[an important element seemingly lost on many] superb. A modern day classic if ever there was one,

Ivor

Ivor

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Its on a promo cd with 4 mixes

Hadnt seen that Carole,its obviously in limited supply.......I`ll try and get one from my contacts.....Its funny but some of these promo cds are incredibly hard to find,they normally dont make it to the shops[mind you,theres hardly any record shops anyway nowadays!]...........

Thanks for that,

Ivor

Social source share

Hadnt seen that Carole,its obviously in limited supply.......I`ll try and get one from my contacts.....Its funny but some of these promo cds are incredibly hard to find,they normally dont make it to the shops[mind you,theres hardly any record shops anyway nowadays!]...........

Thanks for that,

Ivor

Hi Ivor, if you get the chance of two, please would you get me one, I can have dosh with you immediately.

Cheers my friend

Best Russ

Social source share

looks like were all after the promo cd now

looks like were all after the promo cd now!! lol :boxing:

I think you just put up on the thread what a lot of folk were thinking anyway, I know that I have looked for a vinyl release, but to be truthful I didnt know what mix I was after, thank you for posting up about this.

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Guest garysoul82

thanks for the reply ian , however what can i purchase this on cd or a 12 ?......

My daughter played me this off the Now 79 CD.Instantly impressed I must say,
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert