Kenny Gamble - The Jokes On You - Arctic

Ian Dewhirst

....was recorded at Ed Wingate's studio in Detroit with Lebaron Taylor!

Surprised the hell out of me.but that was just one of the gems that came out today when Richard Searling interviewed Kenny Gamble for the Philadelphia International Records 40th Anniversary kicking off in January.

Fascinating stuff...........

Soon as it's edited we'll get it put up!

Ian D :D

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think that took us all by surprise Ian. What a wonderful afternoon that was, Mr.Gamble came over as such a nice guy, even though Richard was asking him some pretty obscure stuff that was from the mists of time lol. The look on his face as he was shown some of the records he wrote/produced was priceless. Can't thank you enough for the invite.

Social source share

I think that took us all by surprise Ian. What a wonderful afternoon that was, Mr.Gamble came over as such a nice guy, even though Richard was asking him some pretty obscure stuff that was from the mists of time lol. The look on his face as he was shown some of the records he wrote/produced was priceless. Can't thank you enough for the invite.

Yep, I thought it was a priceless afternoon too! Kenny's still buzzed from the interview - he woke up @ 4.00am raring to go today LOL. He's currently being grilled by Robbie Vincent on Jazz FM and then we're over to Radio 2 with Trevor M and then a Mojo interview with Geoff Brown so another full on day.

So pleased you dropped in Dave. Kenny was just knocked out with the level of knowledge over here plus what a lovely guy! He actually mentioned you in the cab this morning so you're in the inner circle now mate........

Ian D :D

Social source share

"Ain't It Baby" very nearly never happened.

Last year, John Rhys related an episode where the "Motown Thugs" broke in and took the original master of this song and wheeled it down Davison Avenue - never to be seen again.

It was only through John's foresight that he made a back up copy in an adjacent room, thus the recording managed to survive, and get it's deserved release on Arctic.

I also understand that "Laws Of Love" was also a GW recording.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert