Tetragrammaton Label - I Didn't Know That

Pete S

Call me a dummy but I had no idea what it meant...

The Meaning of the Tetragrammaton

iauename.gif

This is four Hebrew letters (Yod, He, Waw and He) called the "Tetragrammaton". The four characters are the four Hebrew letters that correspond to YHWH and are transliterated IAUE or Yahweh. Yahweh is the name of the Almighty Father in Heaven that people commonly call "The LORD" or "God". The reason we see "LORD" and "God" in our bibles is because of a Jewish tradition that the name Yahweh was not to be spoken for fear that the name be blasphemed. However, the scriptures declare that His name should be exalted (e.g. Ps 68:4) and the third commandment forbids this practice. The Preface of some bibles will admit why they change His name. Nearly all will cite tradition and familiarity as the reason. This, I believe is wrong. Sometimes people pronounce the tetragrammaton as "Jehovah". But Jehovah could never be the right pronunciation. On this web site, the name of Yahweh is used in reference to the Heavenly Father because in the scriptures we are told to praise, exalt, bless, love, teach, preach, anoint, assemble, believe, give thanks, honor and call on His name.

The Tetragrammaton has been found in the 2000 year old Dead Sea Scrolls and in ancient copies of the Septuagint!

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest sharmo 1

Yes Mate the other abreaviation of Jehovah is of cause JAH from our Rastafarian friends Rasta's also use the Tora/old testament and khabarlic symbolism which is Judaeism, Tetragamation has also an association with pre muslim cults especially ones involving Angel worship and pagan multi deity worship ..The Angel worshipers were dealing with an archangel called metatron who was YHWH's scribe this ment he/she was the only Angel to be allowed to sit.Most visions of this Angel are usualy the shape of a human but apearing to be made of fire or an incandesant glow.Regards Simon

Edited by sharmo 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

What a record, not heard it played out since Fox and Goose soul nights

Bob

PS have you checked your PM?

nothing new liked the S.Sam thing on his reggae play's Bob was told by other Bob at Rugby about it do you need picking up on Friday let me know regards ect.

Social source share

Having read a couple of books about the supposed Bible Code some years ago, I'm happy to smugly admit I knew that. According to Jewish lore, the letters actually mean "I will be" and/or "I am that I am".

Interestingly, one of Popeye's catchphrases was "I yam what I yam". His creators were Jewish and I've wondered before now if the words they chose to put in Popeye's mouth were chosen knowingly... :shhh:

post-9478-0-34657000-1321290296.jpeg

Social source share

iauename.gif

This is four Hebrew letters (Yod, He, Waw and He) called the "Tetragrammaton". The four characters are the four Hebrew letters that correspond to YHWH and are transliterated IAUE or Yahweh. Yahweh is the name of the Almighty Father in Heaven that people commonly call "The LORD" or "God". The reason we see "LORD" and "God" in our bibles is because of a Jewish tradition that the name Yahweh was not to be spoken for fear that the name be blasphemed. However, the scriptures declare that His name should be exalted (e.g. Ps 68:4) and the third commandment forbids this practice. The Preface of some bibles will admit why they change His name. Nearly all will cite tradition and familiarity as the reason. This, I believe is wrong. Sometimes people pronounce the tetragrammaton as "Jehovah". But Jehovah could never be the right pronunciation. On this web site, the name of Yahweh is used in reference to the Heavenly Father because in the scriptures we are told to praise, exalt, bless, love, teach, preach, anoint, assemble, believe, give thanks, honor and call on His name.

The Tetragrammaton has been found in the 2000 year old Dead Sea Scrolls and in ancient copies of the Septuagint!

You need to break bread more often Pete :lol:

so then Russell the cat's out the bag a certain Olive loved her men that had , had a prune .regards Simon.

Prunes are good for the digestion.....

Perhaps she wanted her men regular. :wicked:

Social source share

iauename.gif

What the F**K made you look that up?! You didn't seem THAT drunk when you went home!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert