Accidents And Mishaps With Records

Staceys Dad

i believe richard searling left some records on top of his car some years ago and then drove off without them :ohmy: ,and didnt someone put the other copy of frank wilson on a hot shelf in a chippy :( and thats how it got its warp (if i am wrong no doubt someone will tell me, so dont bite my head off ) so has anybody done any thing like this themselves .....i know it might be painful for some people but there must be other stories out there.........

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i believe richard searling left some records on top of his car some years ago and then drove off without them :ohmy: ,and didnt someone put the other copy of frank wilson on a hot shelf in a chippy :( and thats how it got its warp (if i am wrong no doubt someone will tell me, so dont bite my head off ) so has anybody done any thing like this themselves .....i know it might be painful for some people but there must be other stories out there.........

I think it was the late Dave M who left a copy of the Jades on Nite Life on the top of the hot shelf in the chippy
Social source share

i was once waiting for 2 records to be delivered,1 record was a cheap one about about a tenner and another about £300 and a good rare record at that,my missus rang me with a scared to death voice to tell me our little dog had unopened the record mailer box and went on to chew the record to bits,luckily for me and the dog, it was the cheap record!

Social source share

I can remember Alan Stevenson putting his copy of Jimmy Thomas-Beautiful Night on UK Parlophone on the dashboard of his car on the way home from Wakefield Mecca one night then putting the blowers on .By the time he got back to Leeds...ashtray time!!! also I once ripped open a cardboard mailer to impatiently and cracked a copy of Queen of Fools on Hickory !

Edited by PeteDillon
Social source share

The copy of FW that sold last year was in the hands of The son of sam and was on its way to an all nighter when he was showing it off it fell out of the sleeve and rolled down the coach....... :shhh:

Another mishap if i remember is a friend of Greety(dave Greet)sat on his copy of Al Williams dj copy....cracked the record.... :huh:

Social source share

i was once waiting for 2 records to be delivered,1 record was a cheap one about about a tenner and another about £300 and a good rare record at that,my missus rang me with a scared to death voice to tell me our little dog had unopened the record mailer box and went on to chew the record to bits,luckily for me and the dog, it was the cheap record!

Similar thing happened to me, our dog put a canine shaped drill hole into a copy of Leevert Allison, unfortunately not through the label put the playing surface!

Social source share

I stood on a copy of Art Wheeler (Dot) and cracked it cleanly - plays brilliantly though

I warped a copy of Louis Curry - I'll Try Again Tomorrow (M-S) by washing it gently with a cloth that had been dipped in (too) warm soapy water

I fu*ked up a copy of Dickie Wonder - Nobody Knows (Sound of Soul) by putting slight pressure on the tone arm at the beginning of the record to try and clear a slight 'pop' - it was 20 years ago and I still haven't got over it :facepalm:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

I think it was the late Dave M who left a copy of the Jades on Nite Life on the top of the hot shelf in the chippy

correct left in Chinese chippy ' chinaman took the records in the main kitchen and left it on top of hot shelf 'you can imagine what happened to the record.

Edited by giant
Social source share

only couple weeks ago' i left RITA LEE SALVATION on the coffee table as i had to answer a phone call in the front room ' when got back to other room the record was totally destroyed with small fork which my partners four year old kid was using to eat with ' taught me real lesion not to leave records where kids can reach them. :rofl:

Social source share

280286776555.jpg

Got back from the Blackpool Weekender on sunday afternoon to be told by my wife that my 20 month old son had somehow got hold of Brenda from my album shelf , emptied the vinyl onto the floor and bounced on her for a few minutes before my wife intervened , much to her horror !!!!!

Brenda still in ex condition , no damage done , why could'nt he of picked any of the cheap ones ? !!!

Son now on adoption / foster carer list , please personal message for his full description , oh well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:

Edited by 123-motown
Social source share

SLIGHT EDGE WARP :lol::ohmy:

but strong vg+ :lol: ....

Was playing in Barcelona and had 4 x 50 box, the 2 my mate was carrying for me :ohmy: , left in taxi or robbed in early morning cafe, we will never know... I don't see much of this freind anymore... Nothing in there of great value cash wise but still 100 of your own records.. Don't see much of this mate anymore, everytime i do the subject comes up :D , glad he as moved away from Manchester now and the torture is less....

After that i made sure all tunes in one bigger box.... shit happens.....

Also came home to find a record on the carpet with the claw marks all the way through the record, the cats had been at it :ohmy: .. Also sat on a few and dropped the box a few times, shit happens, we have all this fragile vinyl and go out and get pissed or spangled :lol: .. Boxes with tens of thousands of pounds left under tables at venues or on an empty stage, the crazy world of northern soul....

Also beware of the postman trying to force 45s through a tiny letter box :ohmy: ... :yes:

Social source share

when we used to do the arms it had a metal fire escape, I dropped my box from the top and watched them slowly (it seemed to take an eternity) bounce down two flights and land at the bottom, strangly the only damage was a busted hinge on the box. I also dropped Don Gardner- boogaloo, on the celler floor and broke a piece of the rim, knackered it, its just fit for the wall now.

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert