Naturals 'don't Just Stand There' On Path

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

It's not in Manship's guide but is in his rarest of the rare section (added about 6 months or so ago) and I asked him what he thought it was worth - he reckons £200+

I've seen very few copies of this over the years, just wondered if anyone on here had come accross it very often.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was quite rare, though still largely unknown there were quite a few copies kockiing around about 10 years ago, I had 2 copies which I paid no more than 25-30 for, seems to have disappeared these days, like most things! if that is clear enough?

Incidentally are there any other known releases on a red/orange Path?, most I've had/have are blue

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Was quite rare, though still largely unknown there were quite a few copies kockiing around about 10 years ago, I had 2 copies which I paid no more than 25-30 for, seems to have disappeared these days, like most things! if that is clear enough?

Incidentally are there any other known releases on a red/orange Path?, most I've had/have are blue

Cheers Tony :thumbsup:

Picked a copy up myself on the cheap a while back and was just wondering if it was worth keeping hold of, I'd always thought this was a pretty rare one (remember Keb playing it years ago) and don't remember seeing a copy for sale anywhere - maybe the price tag is indicative of the (current) lack of demand then.

Can't say I've seen anything else on red/orange though.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Yes, definately an old Keb fave, tho I think it may have been Dave Withers who first 'broke' it.

Great record anyway :thumbsup:

Agree mate - deserves some play :thumbsup:

Hope you are well by the way?

Social source share

Incidentally are there any other known releases on a red/orange Path?, most I've had/have are blue.

I had a track by Toni and the Hearts on orange Path which I bought blind / deaf, can't remember the title, but it was very poor,and that's being kind!

Naturals is excellent, I paid about 75 quid 10 -12 years ago,

Mark.

Edited by mark.w
Social source share

i picked it up for about $40 about a year ago which I was very pleased about. I'd had it on an old Manship C90 tape from about 1985 with loads of other popular stuff of around that time e.g. Mods - dry my eyes, little willie faulk, Accents - new girl.

I'm sure it was in the 2nd price guide, but it doesn't appear in the 3rd edition..

Social source share

Guest uroffal

i picked it up for about $40 about a year ago which I was very pleased about. I'd had it on an old Manship C90 tape from about 1985 with loads of other popular stuff of around that time e.g. Mods - dry my eyes, little willie faulk, Accents - new girl.

I'm sure it was in the 2nd price guide, but it doesn't appear in the 3rd edition..

You're right - I've just dug that old guide out and it is there (at £75).

Social source share

strange that he should omit it, while it's still up on rarest of the rare..

Incidentally, any one know what Herbert Hunter "the big oak tree" on Poncello is worth - Tim Brown's guide says £25 (from memory) yet JM has it on his rarest of the rare site, very confusing!

I think Roger Banks used to play this -remember hearing it at the 100 club

Social source share

Guest uroffal

strange that he should omit it, while it's still up on rarest of the rare..

Incidentally, any one know what Herbert Hunter "the big oak tree" on Poncello is worth - Tim Brown's guide says £25 (from memory) yet JM has it on his rarest of the rare site, very confusing!

I think Roger Banks used to play this -remember hearing it at the 100 club

Funnily enough that's another one that has made a sudden entry into the 'rarest of the rare' - not in either of Manship's guides - not common though.

Think Pat Brady used to play it an Stafford :ohmy:

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Guest uroffal

makes you wonder how rare some of those 'rarest of the rare' are - for example, Little Tommy - I walk on (abc), seen this on loads of lists recently..

More common than my mother-in-law that one :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

just been browsing through some of the rarest of the rare stuff, there's some seriously good tunes in there, just had a listen to "for the rest of my life - out a sights on Saru, absolute quality

Great record - genuinely rare too!

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

• 9 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert