Big Money Tunes That Do Nothing For You

Phil Shields

Guest Heartnsoul

No there where a few copies found (Blackpool/Bradford) from record stalls in the early 70s.

Yes they would have been 10p each, but by the late 70s it was a big money record. :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave for clarifying, I'd still pay 100x 10p for it, at a push 200x! Or failing that, buy a copy of Tyrone Ashley 'I want my baby back' - similar vibe but fraction of the price?

Rich

Edited by Heartnsoul
Social source share

First few times I heard it...thought it was awful.

Last few times I heard it...thought it was awful.

The times inbetween......go on, have a guess :lol:

As for T C Lee & The Bricklayers.......prefer to hear about Jack & Jill going up and down a fcukin' hill to be honest...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bad enough.....some twat decides to call the group tc & the bricklayers....like that'll take em to the las vegas hilton :lol: :lol: ...they then give em a song to sing about going up and down a f**kin hill.....funny i,ve heard no more from em :lol: :lol: .....someone shot their manager........why? :lol:

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Cheers Dave for clarifying, I'd still pay 100x 10p for it, at a push 200x! Or failing that, buy a copy of Tyrone Ashley 'I want my baby back' - similar vibe but fraction of the price?

Rich

always thought this was a rare soul site ? with obviously many rare soul collectors on it' that spend lots of money buying rare soul records ( not records that will do instead)

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

Hardly, or it would be called 'Rare Soul Source'. No I reckon this site is frequented by people who like good quality soul music regardless of rarity (or price) Since when has the price of a record been a gauge of it's quality? Price is just something people are willing (or in most cases able) to afford to pay for a tune.

Rich

always thought this was a rare soul site ? with obviously many rare soul collectors on it' that spend lots of money buying rare soul records ( not records that will do instead)

Edited by Heartnsoul
Social source share

quote ..Hardly, or it would be called 'Rare Soul Source'. No I reckon this site is frequented by people who like good quality soul music regardless of rarity (or price) Since when has the price of a record been a gauge of it's quality? Price is just something people are willing (or in most cases able) to afford to pay for a tune

rich

Soul Source : Rare Northern Soul Music eh? do you see somthing diferent apart from slight diferent wording ?

i think it obvious that there are going to be many people using the site as i already said i thought it goes without saying some of those folks are going to be collectors of rare soul music along with others that spend a lot of dosh in a very genaral sense of the meaning , i dont think its hard to understand what i meant. , im sure i /we /they do like good quality soul music .

my post no 111 was a throw away comment that did not imply anything you have writen

why did i have to post anything :facepalm:

Edited by steptoe
Social source share

Guest wrighty

...a few I cant see the attraction in

scorpio & his people

sandi & the matues world

only just seen this marc, a lot of people agree with you on the scorpio, the sandi i still love tho and i'd like to think you might have changed your mind just a little after hearing it nice and loud last saturday, it went down pretty well :P

Social source share

Agree Joey Delorenzo is dreadful, Always thought Ted Wilson was pretty bad tuneless recording, and that Inmates - this is the day does bugger all for me...no finesse what so ever..think it his voice... there are others but they are so bad i simply don't have the brain capacity to bother remembering them, however.......

Hytones- Good News / Kent release is absolutely brilliant, that man must be deaf!!!

stone deaf!!!

mal.C

Social source share

only just seen this marc, a lot of people agree with you on the scorpio, the sandi i still love tho and i'd like to think you might have changed your mind just a little after hearing it nice and loud last saturday, it went down pretty well :P

IMHO, Sandi & Matues is bloody brilliant but annoyingly rare! Has a great swinging soul groove with a fat funky edge - love the breaks, just VERY NICE..

Social source share

Agree Joey Delorenzo is dreadful, Always thought Ted Wilson was pretty bad tuneless recording, and that Inmates - this is the day does bugger all for me...no finesse what so ever..think it his voice... there are others but they are so bad i simply don't have the brain capacity to bother remembering them, however.......

Hytones- Good News / Kent release is absolutely brilliant, that man must be deaf!!!

stone deaf!!!

mal.C

Pardon !!

Social source share

Its nice mate, but to me its not nice enough to justify me buying it at current price...I can see the attraction in it for other people though..and it had a full floor at the Hip City anyway as had all your tunes. which just goes to show..what do I know LOL ?!!

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

bad enough.....some twat decides to call the group tc & the bricklayers....like that'll take em to the las vegas hilton :lol: :lol: ...they then give em a song to sing about going up and down a f**kin hill.....funny i,ve heard no more from em :lol: :lol: .....someone shot their manager........why? :lol:

they are the same group as the fads on mercury, so if you know soul music it's likely you've heard more from them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!