Big Money Tunes That Do Nothing For You

Phil Shields

Ken> No way! Good News is like one of the best soul records ever!

Hope you are well btw mate. :thumbsup:

Yeh fine mate and same back :thumbsup:

If you like it good,but happened to mention it to Micky Cruise at the weekend and he agreed with me so 2 of us don't like it !

Social source share

Most of them ! IMHO

Swifty

this is definitely true for me, but mainly because I'm not coming at it from a "northern soul" collector. A lot of those tracks sound generic and boring (and often terrible) to me. But I can see how they would be important to other people who danced to them and how individual records are historically important to the northern scene.

Social source share

this is definitely true for me, but mainly because I'm not coming at it from a "northern soul" collector. A lot of those tracks sound generic and boring (and often terrible) to me. But I can see how they would be important to other people who danced to them and how individual records are historically important to the northern scene.

Agree Boba , but don't you think sometimes rarity overtakes Quality , just because a record is rare doesn't make it good.

I can understand people paying big bucks to finish a collection of labels because there is always that elusive number missing.

Hey , this is ' The Strange world of Northern Soul ' :lol:

Cheers

Swifty ( who has no rare records at all !!) but I love what I've got) :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Agree Boba , but don't you think sometimes rarity overtakes Quality , just because a record is rare doesn't make it good.

I can understand people paying big bucks to finish a collection of labels because there is always that elusive number missing.

Hey , this is ' The Strange world of Northern Soul ' :lol:

Cheers

Swifty ( who has no rare records at all !!) but I love what I've got) :thumbsup:

I agree with this also

Social source share

that's because you're listening to the wrong side. "so good to have you home again" is one of the greatest sweet soul sides of all time.

We often forget that that records were made of two types, i.e an uptempo number on one side and a more mellow side on the other, throw of the dice I would say, if one don't work the other might. A lesson picked up by the UK distributors in so much as Footse/seven days too long. One is sacrificial.

Bob

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Antelects - Love Slave... I am going to get bang in trouble for this ..... :yes:

Kind of thought it was ok initially, but whereas some tunes grow on you and become firm favourites, others have the opposite effect, this falls in to the latter.

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Hayes Cotton - Black wings have my angel.

T C Lee & Bricklayers - Up and down the hill.

Now this confirms my previous post.. Hayes Cotton first few times I heard it, thought it was awful.. Now I love it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Now this confirms my previous post.. Hayes Cotton first few times I heard it, thought it was awful.. Now I love it :thumbsup:

First few times I heard it...thought it was awful.

Last few times I heard it...thought it was awful.

The times inbetween......go on, have a guess :lol:

As for T C Lee & The Bricklayers.......prefer to hear about Jack & Jill going up and down a fcukin' hill to be honest...

Edited by Mace
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest ritchie

Joey Delorenzo - Wake up to the sunshine,, This record is so awful I'm not going to give it any credit by making snide remarks. Like if she 's got any sense she'll stay asleep,

Or at least pretend she is still asleep until Joey has got the message..."Help you to see into the night?" What is he a bleedin carrot?

Social source share

Joey Delorenzo - Wake up to the sunshine,, This record is so awful I'm not going to give it any credit by making snide remarks. Like if she 's got any sense she'll stay asleep,

Or at least pretend she is still asleep until Joey has got the message..."Help you to see into the night?" What is he a bleedin carrot?

The bloody corn flakes record = shite.

Social source share

Job Opening???....back of the class mate,go on....write out 100 lines... :lol:

i normally stand back of the room when this is played' so it doesn't get to my ears too heavy :rofl:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!