Does The Label 'put You Off'?

I'm not sure if this has been a topic before so here goes.

These days a lot of us soulies, with access to You Tube and dealers with websites with sound files, can spend hours clicking and listening to a huge variety of songs and artists that we may not have heard before.

We all flick around on You Tube and when you've listened to a song there are a selection of other sings you could listen to next.

So - when you're choosing what to go for next - dies the label it's on put you off. Do you think you know what that 45 on RCA is going to be like or how a Mercury 70's single is going to sound?

Does the label / producer put you off or intrigue you?

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'd I usually take a positive approach and just listen to things that look intersting for one reason or another, I sposse I jusat apply the same mentality when flicking through a box at a nighter or a shop. I love listening to sales CD's a great way to truely hear records for me, you dont usually have the same discrimination with an unknown and as long as you dont know the artist you listen without the predudice. Instead of thinking ' what's the potential rarity', for me not an admirable quality but one we all need to rein in at times.

Social source share

I always look at stuff on the "suggestions" list of Youtube, and have got to hear a load of stuff that's new to me by doing so.

I do admit, I tend to click on things that have an interesting small/local type label, or a title or group name name that intrigues me or makes me smile.

Listen to an awful load of Cr*p, but it's more than worth it for the new (to me) tunes I've found. akes it even more worth it when I find one I can actually afford too!

:thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert