Just How Rare Is The Top Want On Your List?

Guest Beeks

Something that knocked me for 6 the moment I heard it and died inside to know it was so hard to get (even before the years flew by). Something I've chased hardest to find the artist, but the only time not just to say 'thanks' for. Something that never ever fails to tear me up inside - every single time I hear it, even though I can't quite put my finger on why. Something that I'd actually sell whatever records from my collection I needed to for, although I'd never accept doing that before.

...and it doesn't matter what it is, as each to their own. I didn't choose it, it chose me! 8-) LOL

m

Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

15 years ago I heard it and knew I could never justify spending the money on a piece of vinyl.

Its a reasonably rare girl group northern tune. Later my job paid better but I could never really justify buying it cos it had gone up in value. I saw a few copies on auction sites that were about double what I thought it was worth and what I was willing to pay.

It stayed on my list and I thought I'd one day sell up and just buy this one 45.

Then it appears on a site, I bid and win it for about a ton less than I thought it would fetch. I eat beans on toast for the rest of the month and just about make it to payday without dipping into savings. :thumbup:

Now I wish I'd done it earlier! However I now have a new 'top want' at the 'top' of the list to replace the Demures 45 that I now have.

If I apply the same principle as before I should just buy it (it's fairly readily available) - but its Christmas coming up, my daughter wants a whole host of presents and, really, - can I justify spending that much on a piece of vinyl? :huh:

Possibly :shhh:

Edited by ian williams
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

My top want isn't that rare and only valued in RRPG at £20, but can't find one for love nor money. I've had it in saved search for at least 8 months now to no avail. Sugar Simone - I Want To Know (UK Rainbow) :g:

Social source share

wow, never seen that. i wonder if it's one of those curtom "SP" numbers like the christmas single. I think I have an SP-3 and SP-5.

I mentioned this to Curtis in 1983? when he played Hinckley ...we got backstage for autographs etc..gotta good half hour chewing the fat...he confirmed they did one and after prompting sang it to me...(damn didnt have a tape recorder)....he was very taken with my Abner demo of "senorita i love you " ....he said "thats a real collectors item you got there"......such a modest man for a genius.....
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert