What Constitutes Original Vinyl?

Guest brummiemick

Guest Carl Dixon

Pikeys dog.

Agreed about the sales pitch. Not the spam. Does anybody else object to me promoting my material on Soul Source or feel this post is indeed spam? If so, say so, and please, not in a pm. I need to know whether I am wasting your time and mine. I have songs to write and wish to be creative. Yes, I have an agenda with the music, and it costs money. To me, Soul Source is a site, with interesting and diverse people with all sorts of agendas. If many feel I am in the way, I will move on, and check in just to read occasional. I may even, if the site takes payment for advertising, profile my releases that way. Mike, let me know. That way, I will have a more contractual relationship and not party to discussions etc.

Pikeys dog, you seem very angry, and extremely facetious. Maybe that's your intimidating demeanour and agenda. Clearly this has been brewing for some time and only now you are man enough to get this off your chest with me. But, I am glad I am making you think about the future, as well as the past when it comes to this fabulous music. You have surprised me. Pity you could not have mentioned this in the past, and stopped you worrying so much about it.

Everybody, please let me know.

Social source share

Pikeys dog.

Agreed about the sales pitch. Not the spam. Does anybody else object to me promoting my material on Soul Source or feel this post is indeed spam? If so, say so, and please, not in a pm. I need to know whether I am wasting your time and mine. I have songs to write and wish to be creative. Yes, I have an agenda with the music, and it costs money. To me, Soul Source is a site, with interesting and diverse people with all sorts of agendas. If many feel I am in the way, I will move on, and check in just to read occasional. I may even, if the site takes payment for advertising, profile my releases that way. Mike, let me know. That way, I will have a more contractual relationship and not party to discussions etc.

Pikeys dog, you seem very angry, and extremely facetious. Maybe that's your intimidating demeanour and agenda. Clearly this has been brewing for some time and only now you are man enough to get this off your chest with me. But, I am glad I am making you think about the future, as well as the past when it comes to this fabulous music. You have surprised me. Pity you could not have mentioned this in the past, and stopped you worrying so much about it.

Jesus he was just having fun regarding your post looking a bit out of place on THIS threat. Open one yourself about your music and I am sure people will contribute to that. !!! Btw the 3rd Motte Allnighter Anniversary is really going to be a great event as Marc Forrest & The Jan are going to play some monster sounds on the 11th Feb 2012 in Hmaburg ...... bugger now I have done it myself..... spam spam spam.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

But yeah but no but WE PLAY ORIGINAL VINYL ONLY..... :thumbsup:

Edited by viphitman
Social source share

Pikeys dog, you seem very angry, and extremely facetious.

Angry? no, not at all.

Facetious? undoubtedly.

Maybe that's your intimidating demeanour and agenda. Clearly this has been brewing for some time and only now you are man enough to get this off your chest with me.

Intimidating? bloody hell, you'd hate to see me in a really bad mood - I think you'd be a quivvering wreck, if you find my Spam jibe aggressive.

Agenda? My only agenda is reading a thread about OVO, not your sales pitch about something that has no relevance to the thread.

Brewing for some time? Only now man enough to get it off my chest? Now this statement I really don't understand - I don't even know you, and I've no idea what you are on about?

But, I am glad I am making you think about the future, as well as the past when it comes to this fabulous music. You have surprised me. Pity you could not have mentioned this in the past, and stopped you worrying so much about it.

Again, what should I have mentioned previously? What am I supposed to have been worrying about?

I really haven't a clue what you're on about.

Social source share

Could be a market for a phone app here. :yes:

Thats why I suggested an updated stand alone price guide for those that do carry stuff like this, JM PG 5th addition can be a bit big to carry about. If an updated boot guide was to be done maybe it could be pocket sized?

Social source share

Pikeys dog.

the only thing that is a bit off with your post is the fact that it isn't in the Sales forum.

i'm all for your musical endeavours but the way you posted it up was kind of like a massive sales advert/pitch in a thread about original vinyl & I for one was struggling to make the connection.

There is a forum for selling & a front page for hyping releases & perhaps that is where you should have posted this.

I can definitely see it rubbing some people the wrong way but you did open yourself up for a bit of ribbing by posting it in a not entirely appropriate place.

Don't take it too personally.

By the way, I have a new 45 out too, you can go here to buy it https://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/438442-01.htm?highlight=TIGHT SITUATION

:D

Oh yeah, this one too https://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/416515-01.htm?highlight=WILLIAM JOSEPH FOWLER

:thumbup:

See how it's kind of poor form? :lol:

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Understood everybody. I just felt it was important in this thread, because it is original vinyl, lovingly pressed by Archers in Detroit with the white label option, because it was the cheapest (which I never said earlier). Maybe what I should have said was that there are new productions today celebratring the 45 format, like mine being original vinyl and left it as that, or maybe suggested the urls too etc, are in the sales area.I thought I could kill two birds with one stone rather than having to reply with the details should anybody have inquired. Unfortuneatly I did not understand the spam comment as having fun, or my comments rubbing anybody up the wrong way being innapropriatly posted. If it is in the wrong thread and the majority think so, I will only pitch in sales with old and new releases.

Well done Pikeys Dog for bringing this to my attention. I will be a little more thoughtful with my posts in future. Clearly now, you were not angry. It seems I still have an issue with having fun and facetious jibes obviously, which I will get over. I was under the impression that facetious meant sarcastic, and I was wrong, it means cleverly amusing, which I totally missed. I am not infallable, please forgive me and I am sorry. Glad you spelt out my reply in paragraphs to help me digest where I can hopefully imporove my sense of humour. No, we have never met, and maybe one day we can, who knows, it could be fun.

Back to the original vinyl scenario and I am sorry if I have upset this thread.

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

There is a need for a BOOTLEG GUIDE complete with all scans and matrix cross referencing. and we have stored all the relevant info to pull from.

With me it is just a matter of find enough spare time to start to compile the book. I'm 58 years old and have 250,000 45s unprocessed. So my main job each day is to add records to the site...before my bucket list.

I will, I promise have a serious look on how to tackle my lack of time problem. We are launching a New Price guide in the spring ...it is already over 700 pages thick and that is without scans or bootleg info. So I feel a separate book is essential, as adding the bootleg info to this book would make it 800 page + which quite frankly, would cost a fortune to mail and would be too large for easy carrying.

So yes we are aware of the "PRESSING" need for a completely new authenticating guide - with me it's just find the time to do it. But it will happen...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!