Don't Think I'd Risk Incurring His Wrath

Pete S

Seems like an easy going chap to deal with...look at his last two conditions of sale!

LES HARRIS RECORDS 3012 WHISPER FERN SAN ANTONIO TEX 78230 210 764 3434 or CELL> 210 884 3310 POSTAGE IS $5 for first record and $l for each additional USA $l5 for first LP and $5 for each add OR $8 for first 45 and $l for each additional OVERSEAS Credit cards OK but Insurance is mandatory & $3 extra OTHERWISE INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL RETURNS OK FOR VALID REASONS RETURNS MUST BE WITHIN 3 WEEKS OF ORIGINAL SHIPPING or no refund Any item returned for REFUND will result in blocking of buyer from future auctions ANY ORDER NOT INCLUDING INFO REGARDING ITEM NAME (ordered) or EBAY NUMBER WILL RESULT IN $5 SURCHARGE

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Seems like an easy going chap to deal with...look at his last two conditions of sale!

LES HARRIS RECORDS 3012 WHISPER FERN SAN ANTONIO TEX 78230 210 764 3434 or CELL> 210 884 3310 POSTAGE IS $5 for first record and $l for each additional USA $l5 for first LP and $5 for each add OR $8 for first 45 and $l for each additional OVERSEAS Credit cards OK but Insurance is mandatory & $3 extra OTHERWISE INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL RETURNS OK FOR VALID REASONS RETURNS MUST BE WITHIN 3 WEEKS OF ORIGINAL SHIPPING or no refund Any item returned for REFUND will result in blocking of buyer from future auctions ANY ORDER NOT INCLUDING INFO REGARDING ITEM NAME (ordered) or EBAY NUMBER WILL RESULT IN $5 SURCHARGE

I have bought off Les Harris in the past with no problems and none of the above applied then.

Somebody must have narked him.....wasn't you was it Pete... whistling.gif

Social source share

I have bought off Les Harris in the past with no problems and none of the above applied then.

Somebody must have narked him.....wasn't you was it Pete... smile.gif

Hi Mace, i bought off him while ago, no problems. The one we've had trouble with is called Bob Ellis, dont have his user name to hand. Derek had a run in with him couple of weeks ago and received a very nasty computer virus by e-mail which shut down his company computers! Very unfriendly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

Social source share

Hi Mace, i bought off him while ago, no problems. The one we've had trouble with is called Bob Ellis, dont have his user name to hand. Derek had a run in with him couple of weeks ago and received a very nasty computer virus by e-mail which shut down his company computers! Very unfriendly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

Bob Ellis rings a bell, but not sure on ID.

Mind you, half the fun of ebay is dealing with the nutters, there's one seller called 'Mayfairmenthol' who is right loose cannon mate.... smile.gif

Social source share

Bob Ellis rings a bell, but not sure on ID.

Mind you, half the fun of ebay is dealing with the nutters, there's one seller called 'Mayfairmenthol' who is right loose cannon mate.... smile.gif

Think Bob Ellis must have shut down Derek's mobile phone aswell - its never switched on!!!

Social source share

Alan

Is Bob Ellis The count? with a number after it I 've had a few dealings with him bit of a tossa He tends to have a very high reserve on a couple of occassions i was the highest bidder but not past his reserve He wouldn't leave me alone trying to get me to cough up the rest To be honest anyone tries that on with me only makes it worse Just out of interest Alan did you sell that signed Great Lakes If you didn't I'll have it

DJ

Social source share

I think is ebay handle is count769 - I remember having an exchange of e-mails with him concerning an item I had bid on and lost (wasn't cheap I might add) - he then offers it to me a week or so later. I advised him that I had already spent my wedge on other purchases, as you do.. he then goes into one telling me what a time waster I am etc etc. told him to shove it and said would definately not bid on any of his records in future.

Shame as he occasionally has some nice records on ebay..

Jon

Social source share

I think is ebay handle is count769 - I remember having an exchange of e-mails with him concerning an item I had bid on and lost (wasn't cheap I might add) - he then offers it to me a week or so later. I advised him that I had already spent my wedge on other purchases, as you do.. he then goes into one telling me what a time waster I am etc etc. told him to shove it and said would definately not bid on any of his records in future.

Shame as he occasionally has some nice records on ebay..

Jon

I had exactly the same problem with this joker, except I reported him to ebay for being a tw*t and sending unsolicited offers, never heard from him again.

Social source share

I had exactly the same problem with this joker, except I reported him to ebay for being a tw*t and sending unsolicited offers, never heard from him again.

Pete & the other guys who have also had dealings with Bob Ellis - the Count - incorrect spelling I reckon, had exactly the same experience on 2 occasions. My mate Dereks experience even worse, as the virus which he believes came from The Count? has now meant that his company computer has had to be wiped, all software re-installed etc. Approx cost likely to be £500! Would have been cheaper to buy his over-priced records! I sense a boycott coming on.

Alan

Social source share

I like to think that I get on well with most collectors/dealers etc etc however.......

I say it LOUD and I say it PROUD - Bob Ellis is complete TWAT! Always has been, and always will be. :ohmy:

Useless! Hasn't a clue. All "guides" and no nouse whatsoever. wanker.gif

Has anyone ACTUALLY bought a record from this flaming blithering idiot?

Regards,

Dave

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

I like to think that I get on well with most collectors/dealers etc etc however.......

I say it LOUD and I say it PROUD - Bob Ellis is complete TWAT! Always has been, and always will be. :ohmy:

Regards,

Dave

Dont like then :ohmy:

Social source share

Regards,

Dave

Dave, I bought a record from him some months back on Ebay. No problem really. Then got offered ``some other stuff off Ebay, all too dear for me, so I told him, made a couple of lower offers and got some very strange e-mails in return. Won't be bidding on any of his items again!!

Alan

Social source share

LES HARRIS RECORDS 3012 WHISPER FERN SAN ANTONIO TEX 78230

Have never had any dealings with this Bob Ellis aka The Count chappie but I have had dealings with Mr Harris in the past. Don't know if I mentioned it on here or Soul Talk but I won something like a $5 single off him and he wanted $9 (or something excessive) for P&P. When the record arrived it was sandwiched between two 78rpm records, well it would have been it they hadn't shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces inside the packaging. Luckily the record I'd bought wasn't damaged. I complained to him and got no reply. This was the last time I ever dealt with him.

Prior to this I'd bought another record off him and seem to recall he wasn't accepting paypal or something so I told him I'd be sending US dollar cash within the next few days. 3 days later he contacted ebay over my non payment of the record. I wasn't amused and complained to him straight away once again I got no reply.

Check his feedback if you've got a spare hour it makes for interesting reading.

derek

Social source share

Dave, I bought a record from him some months back on Ebay. No problem really. Then got offered ``some other stuff off Ebay, all too dear for me, so I told him, made a couple of lower offers and got some very strange e-mails in return. Won't be bidding on any of his items again!!

Alan

Alan,

You got away lucky Mate. Believe me! unsure.gif

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

I say it LOUD and I say it PROUD - Bob Ellis is complete TWAT! Always has been, and always will be. whistling.gif

Regards,

Dave

Funnily enough Dave I got a record off this guy - Count769 - from ebay last month - condition better than described and got here really quickly - he even put in a handwritten note asking for positive feedback so must be feeling the pinch? :huh: Strange! All the best Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert