Richie Havens- Going Back To My Roots

Geeselad

I have this on a dodgy bootleg 12 from around 1990, the other tacks, bassheads ect, date it from around this time and it was indeed big at the Hacienda and other proto rave clubs at this time. Ive seen it on a more official and more recent boot too, but what's the ovo of this, I assume its an LP track but Ive been informed the LP cut's not the same as the boot mix can anyone help?

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There you go The album is called Connections and seems to be worth a few quid!!!!

No I'm not talking bout any house mixes matey, the original boots, now there's a contrtradiction in terms, are very close to this LP version but not the same, I'd say slightly more dancefloor freindly, its hard to put your finger on. But thanks I'd stick with my booty version over this one anyday, can anyone say who did, or where the boot mixes came from they dont sound like re- edits there's slightly different instuments in there? thanks for the help on this so far my freind

Social source share

No I'm not talking bout any house mixes matey, the original boots, now there's a contrtradiction in terms, are very close to this LP version but not the same, I'd say slightly more dancefloor freindly, its hard to put your finger on. But thanks I'd stick with my booty version over this one anyday, can anyone say who did, or where the boot mixes came from they dont sound like re- edits there's slightly different instuments in there? thanks for the help on this so far my freind

can anybody clear this up for me?

Social source share

It seems there were a few white label boots and remixes around, generally the Ralph Rosario mixes but there were some Richie Havens - Groove Armada boots, and a Sasha one too.

Thanks to my mate old skool & ex Cream DJ John Kelly for that info.

You could always post a clip on oldskoolanthemz - someone on there would definately be able to id it, or theravearchive.com

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

I've got this on an Elektra 12" Promo with Richie Havens - Going Back To My Roots (album Version) on one side and "Club Mix Re-Edit By Mr K" on the other side.

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Social source share

I've got this on an Elektra 12" Promo with Richie Havens - Going Back To My Roots (album Version) on one side and "Club Mix Re-Edit By Mr K" on the other side.

That was one of the official releases Oli, not one of the boots that were flying around.

Social source share

Guest the fifer

Pretty sure Mr K is Danny Krivit who has done many a classy re-edit over the years.

Derek

Social source share

Pretty sure Mr K is Danny Krivit who has done many a classy re-edit over the years.

Derek

quite right, and there's a compilation of remixes/edits by Danny Krivit called "Edits By Mr. K" - but we're getting off topic I guess!

Social source share

I strongly suspect mines the mr K edit too, and for me superior to the LP mix, Danny Krivtit is the don, it just doesnt sound like an edit! Thanks guys. I have the Lamont version too which is great, esp that african chanty thing it goes into at the end. I used to be a regular on oldskoolanthemz and was considering contacting them on this, Not on label releases can be tricky to track down on discogs. thanks one and all.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert