The Blues - Pbs

Chalky

This new channel recently come to Sky (166)

This series might be of interest to some of you...

https://www.pbs.org/theblues/

The Blues¢Å¾¢ anchors a multi-media celebration that raises awareness of the blues and its contribution to American culture and music worldwide.

Under the guiding vision of Executive Producer Martin Scorsese, seven directors will explore the blues through their own personal styles and perspectives. The films in the series are motivated by a central theme: how the blues evolved from parochial folk tunes to a universal language.

It's started sowing but there may well be catch-ups repeats etc....

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Also available as a box set from your local Amazon/eBay, etc... (^^^ Ah, beaten to it ^^^)

Must admit, I found them to be rather mediocre. There are some much better tellings of the story of the blues to be had out there.

The four part series, America Roots Music, which was made in conjunction with the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian Institute, is far and away the best documentary on the subject of 'the blues', its origin and development, that I've seen to date.

Edited by Russell Gilbert
Social source share

It's free on the TV though........and as it is showing now thought it might be of interest to some :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing this out.............never tire of any programmes about Blues...............particularly looking forward to tonight at 10pm.........

one of my favourite artists...............B B KING!!! Bring it on!!! :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert