28 JENKS ROAD

WOMBOURNE

WOLVERHAMPTON

WV5 0BL

01902 893569

Pete.smith@freeuk.com

New arrivals today

LASAWN COLLINS - WHAT YOU GONNA DO NOW - SINCERE VG 175

Right well what's this worth, anything from 300-600, this one doesn't look like it's ever been in a sleeve so it's got loads of surface marks and little scratches, playwise it's pretty good, plays nice and loud, the second half of the record plays particularly well, you can hear pops and crackles but I've heard a lot worse (my ska collection for instanceJ

So until an original comes around, this should suffice

KENNY SMITH - LORD WHAT'S HAPPENED - GOLDSPOT EX 175

Very rare opportunity to get your hands on this, don't know if it's the original version of the GAR release but the arrangement is definitely different with a church organ intro for a start - absolutely brilliant and super rare. Only priced so low because the B side label is shagged.

JERRY FISCHER - I'VE GOT TO FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE - MUSICOR DEMO EX 50

Two good dancers here

CHUCK JACKSON - I'VE GOT TO BE STRONG - WAND DEMO EX 25

What a great oldie - needs playing!

BOBBY BELL - DON'T COME BACK TO ME - RCA DEMO M- 25

Another good lesser played dancer

JACKIE FOLLETT - THERE'S A MOMENT - VERVE M 20

Wigan oldie

BERT KEYES - DO-DO DO BAH-AH - CLOCK EX 25

This is a great instrumental, sounds like the backing track to "The 81"

METHODS OF PAYMENT: ALL CREDIT CARDS / PAYPAL / CHEQUE / POSTAL ORDER / CASH

POSTAGE: £1.00 standard £1.50 recorded

SPECIAL DELIVERY: £5.00

OVERSEAS POSTAGE: EUROPE £1.50 ELSEWHERE £2.25 REGISTERED £5.50

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

LASAWN COLLINS - WHAT YOU GONNA DO NOW - SINCERE

Funny how ALL the copies I've ever seen listed are far from in Mint condition.

Anyone actually own a minter of this :yes: ? Yeah, almost forgot Pete... Nice

record... buy! buy! :thumbsup:

Best,

Christian B

Social source share

Funny how ALL the copies I've ever seen listed are far from in Mint condition.

Anyone actually own a minter of this :yes: ? Yeah, almost forgot Pete... Nice

record... buy! buy! :thumbsup:

Best,

Christian B

Christian I think I may change tack here - I always try and price the records I sell reasonably, no mental prices, but I hardly sell anything - for instance, there's a record by Jeannie Screen on Josie, I have it on ebay as buy it now for £10, yet 3 people are bidding over $30 on an auction copy! I've had some bloody good records lately and I have to reduce about 50% of them eventually. Yet these are things which go for double or triple on Manship auctions. Maybe if I charge double, then reduce them 25% next week, people will think they got a bargain and I'll make 25% more than I would have done :yes: It's a funny old world.

Social source share

too true sir peeps dont look @ £10 records..its that snob thing again :thumbsup: ...for instance i had 2 records in the sales box for over a year @ £10 each...some one looked thro pulled them out and said " they are way too cheap"...so i reply why dont u buy them then???..he already had them ..tut so i upped the prices right then and there...went off to get a coffee came back 10 mins laters and both had sold :yes: ...go figure it :D

cookie :yes:

Social source share

too true sir peeps dont look @ £10 records..its that snob thing again :thumbsup: ...for instance i had 2 records in the sales box for over a year @ £10 each...some one looked thro pulled them out and said " they are way too cheap"...so i reply why dont u buy them then???..he already had them ..tut so i upped the prices right then and there...went off to get a coffee came back 10 mins laters and both had sold :yes: ...go figure it :D

cookie :yes:

Absolutely. Reverse psychology I think they call it!

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

[

New arrivals today

Right well what's this worth, anything from 300-600, this one doesn't look like it's ever been in a sleeve so it's got loads of surface marks and little scratches, playwise it's pretty good, plays nice and loud, the second half of the record plays particularly well, you can hear pops and crackles but I've heard a lot worse (my ska collection for instanceJ

Pete,

Which colour is the one you have ? I have the yellow issue but I am after the red issue again, as I sold it some time back to young Flanny. All slightly different versions. Red, Green, Yellow .

Edited by Gavin Page
Social source share

[

New arrivals today

Pete,

Which colour is the one you have ? I have the yellow issue but I am after the red issue again, as I sold it some time back to young Flanny. All slightly different versions. Red, Green, Yellow .

Yeah this is yellow as well. Wonder why they released it so many times, it was bad enought the first time :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Yeah this is yellow as well. Wonder why they released it so many times, it was bad enought the first time :yes:

:yes::thumbsup: Maybe they thought people might forget they already had it and think "Ah, a new Lashawn Collins record, can't be as bad as the last one, I'll give it a try"?

Social source share

[

New arrivals today

Pete,

Hi Gavin,

What about a nice light blue copy, seen Red and Yellow one's anyone else have a light blue one? must have had a special that week on paper at the pressing plant.

best

Andy

ps can't wait for yarmouth whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

A mate of mines got a blue copy . nice , I'm stuck with a mint yellow copy.

I thought the Blue one was the same version as the yellow one ? Have I got this wrong, thats why I did not list it sorry !

Any way I am collecting Pink Labels this month !

Andy not to long now mate ! Flyers are out and about and bookings are on the move !

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

How many different coloured labels does this actually have??? See yellow and green all the time, seen one red and one blue, and aparently there's a funk version on a turqoisey coloured label?

God knows now Billy ? Once again you have taught me something I didnt know :good:

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert