Is Someone Taking The P##ss

Daz Mc

i love how he says manship verified they're originals

Probably means that he looked in the Manship price guide and gold fever convinced him they were originals. Or maybe he's talking about a different John Manship who works at the chip shop down the street.

400 quid for the Imperial Wonders? I'm selling at that price....

Social source share

Here is his reply to me:

Thanks pete, I have said I am not a Northern Soul Person, and can only go on the advice given to me. I dont really understand Bootlegs, i know they mean they are not originals, that is why I have put the pictures up.

All I can say is, that is a Northern Soul Person bids on them, they should know if they are original or not. If I get complaints afterwards I think the rule "Buyer Beware" would apply.

Gordon

Social source share

Here is his reply to me:

Thanks pete, I have said I am not a Northern Soul Person, and can only go on the advice given to me. I dont really understand Bootlegs, i know they mean they are not originals, that is why I have put the pictures up.

All I can say is, that is a Northern Soul Person bids on them, they should know if they are original or not. If I get complaints afterwards I think the rule "Buyer Beware" would apply.

Gordon

Totally despicable-but he`s not on his own,is he?

Good work highlighting these scammers.

Social source share

Here is his reply to me:

Gordon

How does that old punk rock tune go? Oh yeah I remember!! Gordon Is A Moron Yeah! Yeah! :yes: :yes: :D

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Would just like to point out that I am NOT the seller , just looked at the add and noticed he is from Louth , Lincs. which

is where I Live and funnily enough I know the bloke (he is certainly NOT a record collector !!) Will try and get hold of him!!

and put him right . Watch this space :yes:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

The seller emailed me about a week ago - told him they were all boots / reissues etc - didn't send images, then told me the M Lance had a big 45 in label, so told him it was probably original, although with reservations over the stamper number he quoted.

Also laid out differences between orig and reissue for Not Me Baby / Florence D and a couple of others. Never heard back from him so assumed he was then aware of what to look for.

This is the first time I have seen the scans - I now see (as I suspected) the Major Lance has small 45, so I think he either hasn't a clue or something else.

Just noticed - the potential buyer doesn't get all the records - you have to tell him which one you are bidding on ????

This'll be fun.

Cheers

mick

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Here is his reply to me:

Gordon

I think his surname must be Bennett !! :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I certainly haven't and wouldn't - that statement is fraudulent! I would NOT verify any records authenticity without seeing it...

Edited by john manship
Social source share

his keyboard was fooked..it should read... A MAN ON A SHIP verified they were all originals

moldie

Social source share

He has been an ebay member since Sep 09 yet has a mighty feedback of 1 ?

I have been a member since 03 and have no feedback i think ? never sold owt got one HD card. :D

Social source share

This guy emailed me the other week, it was obviously an email he had sent to loads of other people, he quoted JMs 3rd (?) guide as the basis for his prices. He didn't ask me to buy them, just to value them which i didn't bother doing. Told him some were boots and some weren't.

Run of the mill "found a collection in my attic" sort of thing.

:sleep3:

Social source share

This guy emailed me the other week, it was obviously an email he had sent to loads of other people, he quoted JMs 3rd (?) guide as the basis for his prices. He didn't ask me to buy them, just to value them which i didn't bother doing. Told him some were boots and some weren't.

Run of the mill "found a collection in my attic" sort of thing.

:sleep3:

most "found a collection in my attic" sellers think they're selling originals. In this case more informed people told the seller and he lied

Social source share

Would just like to point out that I am NOT the seller , just looked at the add and noticed he is from Louth , Lincs. which

is where I Live and funnily enough I know the bloke (he is certainly NOT a record collector !!) Will try and get hold of him!!

and put him right . Watch this space :yes:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

find him quick'put him right :g:

Social source share

his keyboard was fooked..it should read... A MAN ON A SHIP verified they were all originals

moldie

spot on Mr Moldie ' i love the bit A MAN ON A SHIP VERIFIED ALL :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!