Searching For Some Songtitles

Guest Steve1977

Guest Steve1977

Hi,

I heard some songs on a 60s soul party but passed the dj for asking for the songtitles. Because they've worked together (even though they're different) on one party I'm asking in one thread. They all seem to be quite rare, cause I tried out some myself for finding them.

First was a soul ballad with a clear woman's voice like "darling, ... honey, I need your loving", but it had nothing to do with the Four Tops song. This refrain (?) was repeated quite often.

Second was more like blues with rock elements and a man's voice also often repeating a refrain like "I will travel" (not Sonics).

And the third was a soul song like "everything is gonna be alright" sung by a woman. I cannot explain what type it was but it has a light swinging note. And I think it was the same I've heard in the series King of Queens (when Arthur Spooner wanted to care about the park tikcets of Spence and the others, but the cars were taken instead), but I'm not sure.

Maybe I can also ask at last for a good cover of Etta James "I just want to make love to you" that was also played there?

Thank you for any help!

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Steve1977

The second one is found! It was the version the version of Richard Berry. The version of Tillman is also great.

Maxine Brown and PP Arnold were not the right ones, it seems that it must be a more rare track and it's not a version of these both.

Thank you very much so far!

Social source share

Guest posstot

Could the first one be the Dynamics i need your lovin' rca

and i just want to make love to you, possibly arthur prysock...really deep voice

Edited by posstot
Social source share

Guest Steve1977

@ posstot: Both are not the right ones. But both are also great songs and I put them on my wanted list.

@ George G: The sound is too much like a musical, but the woman's voice is near to the searched on. In the searched song, the voice is more dominant, but not as much as like Aratha Franklin. Well, you see, it's hard to describe, or I find no better words for that.

Thank you very much!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert