Record Shops In San Francisco

Phild

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Rooky Ricardo's on Lower Haight is worth a try - lots of cheap 45's but don't expect too much

Lots of other record shops along Lower / Upper Haight and the side streets but mostly selling LP's

I spent a day in Rookys and bought 2 records, they wouldn't let me look through the unchecked pile and the rest was dross.

I did find a wd of Yvonne Baker - You didn't say a word in another record shop, the guy had two but I just got the feeling that it was one or none. $50 - which was nice. Went back the next day for the other but the guy I dealt with wasn't there and the guy minding the store denied all knowledge - aah well. I was sure I had bought a boot but it seems to be an original.

This was in the late 90's before ebay went daft and before price guides.

I looked in the phone book and went round record stores and came back with a nice little box full. The hotel lost my Boss suit though so I'm not sure if it was worth it.

Social source share

stay west on haight street and stop by recycled records and amoeba records on your way out..or go east on haight make a right on octavia and then another right.1st or 2nd i believe..groove merchant will be on the corner with the black and white swirls on the building

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

tons of shops, i went so some jazz store way out.....cant remember where....guy took ages to turn up and open, proper 60's mellow kat...

and then i kept my newly wed wife and kid there for about 3 hours, we were on our honeymoon!!!...ha ha nothings changed

groove merchant is great and real nice....amoeba on the end of haight is well worth a dig , tons of cheap lp's ....

Social source share

There are a couple shops on the hill between china town and Coite tower. I had allot of 45's out of one all 50 cents each, nothing massively rare but people over her pay 50 quid or so for them... there is another on that hill thats has thousands of 45's in a basement, I spent a day and found an al Wilson 45, and that was knackered... beware... :glare:

There is a nice chap over in Petaluma if your able to travel, Barry Wickham, golden gate records I think.

Mal.C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

There are a couple shops on the hill between china town and Coite tower.

.. there is another on that hill thats has thousands of 45's in a basement, I spent a day and found an al Wilson 45, and that was knackered... beware... :glare:

Mal.C.

Green Street............one block up from Columbus

Cheers Paul

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert