Ebay Rip Off Beware

Pete S

Can you have a look at this please and make a note of what the record in the photo looks like, just in case the seller tries to make it disappear

https://www.ebay.co.u...1#ht_500wt_1413

because this is what I was sent, as you can see it is NOT the record in the picture and is a bootleg pressed on vinyl, if I'd seen that picture I'd never have bid on it

post-1893-0-89783600-1319793506_thumb.jp

and to stop anyone else getting the same treatment, here are the seller details

User ID:

fimer-12 Name:

Lluis Cardenal Company: City:

Banyoles County:

Cataluña

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pete, I was 2nd highest bidder on this. Oddly enough, we bid the EXACT same amount - $128.88. However, because your bid was 1 second earlier than mine, you won.

I didn't go any higher as I did have concerns over the lack of feedback

Lucky escape for me by 1 second.

Hope you get the money back

All the best

Kev Bod

Social source share

Can you have a look at this please and make a note of what the record in the photo looks like, just in case the seller tries to make it disappear

https://www.ebay.co.u...1#ht_500wt_1413

because this is what I was sent, as you can see it is NOT the record in the picture and is a bootleg pressed on vinyl, if I'd seen that picture I'd never have bid on it

post-1893-0-89783600-1319793506_thumb.jp

and to stop anyone else getting the same treatment, here are the seller details

User ID:

fimer-12 Name:

Lluis Cardenal Company: City:

Banyoles County:

Cataluña

Looks like an "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" to me Pete!! :ohmy::yes: Very naughty :wicked:

Social source share

It's just an out and out deception and I'd suggest any Spanish members who know this guy tell him to refund my money sharpish because if not his name is going to be all around the world in no time, I"ve done it before and I'm perfectly happy to do it again.

Social source share

Judging by the stamping on the label, I can hazard a guess at who this originally belonged to. :shhh:

It also looks like he's nicked the label scan from this ad (pity it's only from Popsike so there's no identifying the original ad):

https://www.popsike.c...0504507232.html

But definitely an item significantly not as described - the man's a crook, so file the claim ASAP.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Well spotted Gene.

Have opened a case.

I asked for insurance on this item after it closed, he didn't even reply.

He also didn't put a single indication of his name and address on the package.

Good luck mate - I think you've got excellent grounds for a refund. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Pete - I've taken screen grabs of your post at the top here on this page, the ebay page, and the Popsike page showing the same image. If useful or needed, I'll happily email them to you.

Thanks Russell, just what I needed in case Ebay ask for it, I did forward them the popsike link also.

Social source share

Pete, get yourself a free mac program called SnapNDrag, great program for screen shots and any other shot really, I use it for those ebay scans you can't copy.

Screenshot here for you.....

post-225-0-64347200-1319803987_thumb.jpg

Mac OSX actually contains a screen shot programme called 'Grab'. You should find it in your 'Utiities' folder.

Social source share

Mac OSX actually contains a screen shot programme called 'Grab'. You should find it in your 'Utiities' folder.

(Thanks Chalky) and yes thanks Missing Link, there it is, in applications-utilities!

p.s. I used to run a fanzine called Missing Link.

Non interesting fact of the day.

Social source share

I don't know this seller so I'm not really trying to defend him, but it's possible that they thought the record they had was an original and they stole the scan from an old auction because they were too lazy or unable to take a photo. I've seen this happen at least once on here even with a seller stealing photos for their auctions with no disclosure about it. I had a problem with this recently on ebay, a seller used a picture of a stock copy and I ended up getting a promo copy with the same song on both sides.

Either way, did you contact the seller and ask for a refund or did you go straight to the dispute? I've found recently that most sellers are willing to refund your money if you have a polite interaction, especially since they know they will lose a paypal case anyways.

Social source share

I don't know this seller so I'm not really trying to defend him, but it's possible that they thought the record they had was an original and they stole the scan from an old auction because they were too lazy or unable to take a photo. I've seen this happen at least once on here even with a seller stealing photos for their auctions with no disclosure about it. I had a problem with this recently on ebay, a seller used a picture of a stock copy and I ended up getting a promo copy with the same song on both sides.

Either way, did you contact the seller and ask for a refund or did you go straight to the dispute? I've found recently that most sellers are willing to refund your money if you have a polite interaction, especially since they know they will lose a paypal case anyways.

Do me a favour Bob, it's not difficult to take a photo of a record and put it up, the one he sent me looks nothing like the original, I gave him a few hours to respond, he hasn't, I've opened a case, notified all 1800 people on my mailing list and another thousand or so on Facebook, it was a blatant attempt to mug someone and he picked the wrong person.

Social source share

Do me a favour Bob, it's not difficult to take a photo of a record and put it up, the one he sent me looks nothing like the original, I gave him a few hours to respond, he hasn't, I've opened a case, notified all 1800 people on my mailing list and another thousand or so on Facebook, it was a blatant attempt to mug someone and he picked the wrong person.

what favor do you want me to do for you? I'm not attacking you, just making a reasonable suggestion. It's not difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for a response. If anything, if he responds denying it that is more condemning evidence against him.

Unrelated, I wish I had a 1500 person email list to sell records though, that's awesome.

Social source share

what favor do you want me to do for you? I'm not attacking you, just making a reasonable suggestion. It's not difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for a response. If anything, if he responds denying it that is more condemning evidence against him.

Unrelated, I wish I had a 1500 person email list to sell records though, that's awesome.

(Do me a favour is just a saying, it means thanks but no thanks sort of thing) As for the mailing list - used to be more than that in the early part of the decade, 2000+, a lot of the returnees went away again though..

Social source share

(Thanks Chalky) and yes thanks Missing Link, there it is, in applications-utilities!

p.s. I used to run a fanzine called Missing Link.

Non interesting fact of the day.

I've used grab but prefer SnapNDrag

You lost me there.

Many ebay scans you can no longer right click and copy/save image.

P.S. Just seen Pete's reply....anyway back to the topic....

Social source share

I can understand people thinking it's better to stick up some scan of the record than non at all to give credence to the fact that they accrual have the record. However I would be interested in knowing what the ratio is between 'boot' scan posted for 'legit' record versus 'legit' scan for the sale of a 'boot'. 1 in 9?

Social source share

Pete, get yourself a free mac program called SnapNDrag, great program for screen shots and any other shot really, I use it for those ebay scans you can't copy.

Screenshot here for you.....

post-225-0-64347200-1319803987_thumb.jpg

or if you're on PC just press the PRTSC (Print Screen) key at the top right of the keyboard & then paste to a word document.

Social source share

or if you're on PC just press the PRTSC (Print Screen) key at the top right of the keyboard & then paste to a word document.

Hello Pete,

I am quite shocked, I am the one who sold that record and to be honest I didnt know that it was a bootleg. I recieved your email this morning (just opend the mail) and I didnt had time to answear.

I will refund your money immidiatly and sorry for the inconvinience. Please the same way you made that public, please post as well (in here) that you recieved the refund before 24 hours of your claim

thank you

lluis cardenal

Social source share

Hello Pete,

I am quite shocked, I am the one who sold that record and to be honest I didnt know that it was a bootleg. I recieved your email this morning (just opend the mail) and I didnt had time to answear.

I will refund your money immidiatly and sorry for the inconvinience. Please the same way you made that public, please post as well (in here) that you recieved the refund before 24 hours of your claim

thank you

lluis cardenal

too late, 1800+ people have been warned of your shady bootleg dealings..... :(

when knee jerk reactions go terribly wrong......

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

Hi,

Sorry didnt know that was a bootleg!

What else can I do, I am not a current seller, just bought that record 15 years ago and I didnt notive it was not an original...

I will refound immediatly!

Social source share

Sorry,

I can understand that If you dont recieve answear from the seller you can make things public but you just wrote me this morning and I didnt had time to answear.

And dont worry I will refound the money.

I would prefer to solve this problem with out a forum, anyway please contact me. I send you an email.

lluis C

Social source share

Hello Pete,

I am quite shocked, I am the one who sold that record and to be honest I didnt know that it was a bootleg.

Balls - you're a lying crook who's been rumbled, and that's a feeble way of trying to save face. You're on my blocked list now anyway, and I won't hesitate to report you to Ebay if I catch you doing it again.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Lluis, the record was not the one in the picture, it was totally different. This was not mentioned. Do you honestly think I'd have paid £80 for a bootleg?

Refund the money and I'll forget about it and ask the moderators to delete this topic, and also let everyone else know that the matter is closed.

Social source share

Guest franky m

Balls - you're a lying crook who's been rumbled, and that's a feeble way of trying to save face. You're on my blocked list now anyway, and I won't hesitate to report you to Ebay if I catch you doing it again.

I,m sure that if he was a lying crook he would not have posted his appology here , made him self known, and made a full refund to Pete

Social source share