Loleatta Holloway Album

Kjw

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

She had two albums released called 'Loleatta'. The GRC 'distributed' one was on 'Aware' from '73 and inc. 'Mother Of Shame'. The other was on Goldmine(Salsoul) from '76 inc Dreamin'

Thanks Mike

It's the 1973 one on Aware that I meant. The reason I asked is because I bought a mint sealed copy with a promo strip on the front listing all the titles etc. Usually when I've seen these strips they have been pasted over the cover but this one is printed on as part of the actual cover. I've searched through the internet and can't see any reference to it being re-issued but just wanted to make sure.

Social source share

Thanks Mike

It's the 1973 one on Aware that I meant. The reason I asked is because I bought a mint sealed copy with a promo strip on the front listing all the titles etc. Usually when I've seen these strips they have been pasted over the cover but this one is printed on as part of the actual cover. I've searched through the internet and can't see any reference to it being re-issued but just wanted to make sure.

Yeah that does sound odd, like a photocopy or scan of an original.

Social source share

Thanks Mike

I think it is OK - I have a copy of the John Edwards with it printed - bought it sealed and when opened was a white label promo - it is no AA 2005 two along from Loleatta AA 2003. I think it will be a pucker original pressing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert