Toby Bullard - Flodavieur

Guest Baz

Just seen on Manships drop down auction the Toby Bullard in his description he say's 'we feel unable to comment on this record as some collectors have paid quite alot of money for this' Think it was Chalky i was talking to about this once :boxing: mentioned its a re-issue, any other back ground on it :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cheers guys :sweatingbullets: so is it exactely the same as the Lyrics and booted as Toby Bullard too mascurade (wrong spelling) as a rarer version :thumbsup:

Same record but without listening to compare think the Lyrics is slightly longer and the production sounds better. Whether thats due to the recording process on Tony Bullard boot :boxing: Lyrics not only the original release but for some reason it's cheaper usually :thumbsup:

Social source share

Having had both I can say that the Lyrics version is a different recording/version. The bass ain`t that heavy on the Lyrics 45 and Tobi Bullards is a bit more laid back. Where does the info come from that the Tobi Bullard is a boot ? TIA

Marc

sure ive seen this record on ebay described as a re-issue from years gone buy (pink label one sided?) the seller also knocks out love slips thro by towanda barnes and a track called stop lying to yourself by the ohio players, dont know if it is a genuine track but its a corker!

Social source share

Having had both I can say that the Lyrics version is a different recording/version. The bass ain`t that heavy on the Lyrics 45 and Tobi Bullards is a bit more laid back. Where does the info come from that the Tobi Bullard is a boot ? TIA

Marc

that would be tellin but someone I know was offered them when they first came about :thumbsup:

Social source share

I remember asking the seller of these on ebay about their origin pretty much after they first appeared and he told me it had been taken off a master and released with the permission of the now deceased artists son or something... anyway he didn't try and make out it was an original although again he didn't advertise the fact - shades of Johnny Watson on Valise... some people obviously think it is an original because I know at least one US seller who has it up at something like $200. Anyway I subsequently got a copy as a freebie from someone - complete with authentic 'just rubbed across the floor' scuffs on the blank side! The vinyl its pressed on has a 'lip' around the edge which I've personally never seen on any 60's releases but certainly have on stuff pressed up in more recent years. :huh: Anyway as a freebie it got my vote as a half decent tune whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert