Johnny Hampton Original?

hi - can anyone help me spot a johnny hampton "not my girl "original .

manships guide says original is yellow mouded label on vinyl but a mate has such a record but it dosnt feel right if you know what I mean.

has it been booted on vinyl ,with a moulded yellow label with dont lead me on" on the flip?

what is a nashville matrix?

your expertise would be appreciated

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

what is a nashville matrix?

Look in the area where to grooves of the record dwindle out and the label it'self and see if the word 'nashville' is stamped in the vinyl.

like this (not great pic but you get the idea)

dan

post-118-1131799696_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Never been booted on vinyl as far as I'm aware. There are imitation label and white demo boots but both are styrene with paper label.

Wrong. First bootleg was a crappy styrene one with poor sound quality and no attempt to replicate the label design. It was done again a couple of years later in a very very good lookalike form, on vinyl, first time I saw one I thought it was real, and interestingly whoever booted them actually drew black X's on them in marker pen to make them look more authentic.

Social source share

Wrong. First bootleg was a crappy styrene one with poor sound quality and no attempt to replicate the label design. It was done again a couple of years later in a very very good lookalike form, on vinyl, first time I saw one I thought it was real, and interestingly whoever booted them actually drew black X's on them in marker pen to make them look more authentic.

thanks - this ones not got nashville in the runout so must be the boot that pete has seen.

no x's on label though

thanks

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert