Soul Twins At Wigan - Who Were They?

Wiganer1

• Replies 21
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Aye and back in the early 70,s they use to throw bricks at my flat window to wake me up shouting Ian sell us the Tomangoes

or the Del-Larks i worked nites and use to open the window and shout fu-k off and come back at a decent time which was strange

because it was always around dinner time :D I remember when i first let them into my flat and they where gobsmacked at all the 45,s i had pinned onto my bedroom door they told me when i saw them few months ago that most of those 45,s on the door where on their wants list at the time.. God i must have been a right empty yed back in the 70,s :rofl::g:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 1 month later...

l remember neil brackenbridge loaning me his philips "demo" copy of MANY'S THE SLIP, by the Present. l had to thumb

a lift back home to bedford on the sunday morning, it was 1976 and we were suffering a freak heat-wave, l was scared

to death that the record might warp whilst in my hold-all, luckily all was well and l returned the disc back the following

week. cheers neil. Tony Warot.

Social source share

Mark, if you've looked at Paul Sadot's new documentary, Once Upon A Time In Wigan in All About the Soul, there's a photo of Stuart Brackenridge at about 14:41 - 14:47

Mick

Missed you both Saturday at Bradford Hope your feeling better!! atb John & Helen

Social source share

goes to show how much you know then ken....theres hundreds of yorkshire reds and some are even from dirty leeds

moldie

Yeh black legs,i know there's a Barnsley branch of mufc there is a lufc one as well :lol: don't mean it's right does it............. Bub was one i think. :D me i don't give a toss really,i'm a Scouser with a Yorkshire accent and follow Bfc and Lfc equally.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest horwich chef

stuart later dj at morecanbe pier allnighters and more recently at the band on the wall in manchester both stuart and neil still live in the horwich area

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert