What Was The Last Bit Of Vinyl In Your Hand ?

Mike

nice reading

some good snapshot type moments in time :thumbsup:

though was expecting a few more redfaced "just bought it for me auntie" type moments :D

if new to the thread, just jump straight in and post

what was the last piece of vinyl in your hand and why was it there ?

Social source share

liberty belles shing a ling time, white demo. a bit knackered but 12 quid off ebay. i,m 51 and had not heard this before until about 2 years ago, its on jayboy as well, has this ever been a big played record ?, by the way love knackered records bought from america, gives them some provenance i reckon, someone in the states must have danced around their kitchen table to this, hope fully not wearing spencers soul bags

Social source share

nice reading

some good snapshot type moments in time :thumbsup:

though was expecting a few more redfaced "just bought it for me auntie" type moments :D

if new to the thread, just jump straight in and post

what was the last piece of vinyl in your hand and why was it there ?

if you want to be literal, its joy division closer folowed by meling pot by dillinger

Social source share

https://youtu.be/ydmTg2uQ8D8

One of my genuine all time TOP 20 records...My lovely GERALD SIMS demo which TAFFY kindly sold me and which PETE WIDD has been 'looking after' for six months...Finally got it back on saturday at BROTHERS OF SOUL and have been picking it up and looking at it at sporadic intervals ever since.....I know.... :g::shhh::D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The Sapphires - Gotta have your love in my left hand and Evil one in my right.

Just aquired spanking HMV issues this afternoon and have just got them out of the car and waited for the good lady to settle down in front of the tele before slipping them onto the shelf.

If challenged then the usual response would have been applied - oh these old things ! they've been in the wardrobe for ages !!!!

Edited by GrayM
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

A flintstones 45 on the peter pan label, 'fred the magician' my 4 year old loves trying to read along and turning the pages with the beep. Also dug him out a scooby doo lp, Animal kwackers and magic roundabout on mfp. Bought these around the time he was born and he's just getting proficant at putting lp's on and changing speed ect.

Social source share

Some cheapie oldies that I just picked up from the sorting office -

Spyders - I can take care of myself on MTA

Bobby Bland - Call on Me on DUKE

Shirtails - I Want You To Stay With Me on DATE

There are half a dozen more, but they were the last ones I actually had in my hands :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Some cheapie oldies that I just picked up from the sorting office -

Spyders - I can take care of myself on MTA

Bobby Bland - Call on Me on DUKE

Shirtails - I Want You To Stay With Me on DATE

There are half a dozen more, but they were the last ones I actually had in my hands :thumbsup:

shirtails....ummmm :glare:

Social source share

off out for a beer shortly, had an acoustic moment and the last five bits of vinyl i held were

5 phoebe snow - poetry man - uk a & m 45

4 doobie bros - tolouse street - uk warner 45

3 seals and croft - summer breeze - uk warner 45

2 nick drake - river man - uk island 45

1 ray lamontagne - be hear now - uk 14th floor 45

Social source share

The Sinceres on Pzazz.

Why has no one ever told me how mighty good the flipside to the storming Northern 'Girl I Love You' is!?!

It's called 'Don't Waste My Time' and it is INCREDIBLE Sweet Soul...fabulous, stunning...go seek!

:ohmy:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Troy Dodds "trying to find my baby" Baytown DJ opend the 7" cabinet door, it was just the one i pulled out to play why i made a brew! (also turned up load then i don't know the trick or treaters are knocking :rofl: )

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Troy Dodds "trying to find my baby" Baytown DJ opend the 7" cabinet door, it was just the one i pulled out to play why i made a brew! (also turned up load then i don't know the trick or treaters are knocking :rofl: )

Strangely, that was the last record I played loud to annoy my neighbours before I left for work this morning! :thumbup:

Social source share

Pauline Shivers - Won't you come back home (O-Pex).

Nothing special, but was kindly given to me at an event a few months back, as a freebie when I purchased another nice record from same person (it's cracked & tape holding it together on one side but plays through nice & clean!).

Passed it on to a mate this Saturday eve on way out to a niter and learnt from him today that it sounds like Silk's - "Falling in love isn't easy", which it does, and which I hadn't heard before and think is also very nice soul.

Was the last bit of vinyl in my hand as too tired & busy to play any on Sunday after getting in at 7am from said niter (at same time as my kids were getting up!..."Dad..You're up and dressed early..where are you going?!".Doh!), and working today.

Going to play some now mind you, as fed up answering the bl**dy door and handing sweets to strangers. Was other way round in my day I'm sure. :D

Steve

Social source share

The last 45 in my hand - yesterday - was a scruffy, scratched, crackly and warped issue copy of The Metros "Since I found my baby" that I bought as a supposed VG+ from a seller on eBay who is refusing me a refund and with whom I've now opened up a dispute. ranting_1.gif

Was that the German Issue copy Russell? I looked at that...

Mind you, last piece of vinyl in my hands was a copy of the Showstoppers on Beacon delivered yesterday in a piece of folded over cardboard, in a paper sleeve that was ripped in half, with just a second class stamp on the outside of the packet!

Social source share

Was that the German Issue copy Russell? I looked at that...

No, it was from a guy in the States who subsequently claimed that he didn't sell outside of the country (yet I was allowed to bid on it), and who insisted that the 45 was a prime example of a VG+. After much resistance on the seller's part, they've backed down and offered a full refund. The disc is on its way back via registered post.

No cheering from me, however, until the money has been returned!

Social source share

I don't buy much vinyl these days but did get this set of 45s pretty cheap this week:

Luther Ingram - Do You Love Somebody - Koko

Bo Davis & Ruth Kirkland - You're Gonna Get Next To Me - Claridge (Awesome!)

Rick James - Glow - Gordy

Chantal Curtis - Get Another Love - Key

Edited by daved
Social source share

Sat Night Low Fell Cricket Club..Gateshead...Eddie Parker....Im Gone..( Original Awake)..wasnt mine..just wanted to have a look ...Fabulous piece of Vinyl..and before that..Magnetics..Lady in Green..(Bonnie Original)...Again...Fab..

Social source share

Guest BENSON BOY

arrived today;

Gerri Taylor---Empty arms and bitter tears constellation wd

Joe Douglas----Crazy things---Playhouse.

Last record played this morning;

inez and charlie foxx---you fixed my heartache

maz

Social source share

These are the ones I've had my little mits on recently :thumbsup:

La Van Bridges-With A Smile Gloreco

Steve Mancha-Friday Night Groovsville

Walter Jackson-It's An Uphill Climb To The Bottom OKeh

Mamselles-Open Up Your Heart ABC

Louise Murray-The Love I Give -Verve Demo

Irene & The Scotts-I'm Stuck On My Baby Smash

Ruby Andrews-Got A Bone To Pick ABC