What Was The Last Bit Of Vinyl In Your Hand ?

Mike

on this downcast thursday...

a quick "come as you are" sort of thread

what was the last bit of vinyl held in your hand before reading this thread and why ?

mine was the marvin gaye 12 just talked about elsewhere on here, dug it out to refresh my ears before remembering me decks are down

bonus points for smile on your face stories, non-northern red face type admissions and/or amazing co-incidental type posts :thumbsup::rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bonnie Brisker-So Much Lovin'/SomebodyReallyLovesYou Magic City...............

This morning when it arrived in the post,near minter to replace my beat up copy that I've been djing with for ages...........

anyone want to buy a vg copy of Bonnie Brisker :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hooray! Hope you made a trip to the post box later in the day too?! :thumbsup: Steve

Steve all westcoasts ordered have been posted first thing yours was the first one to be weighed and delt with I even got it blessed with holy water mate !! I tried to bribe a Druid to make a suprise eclipse to make your two 45's spiritual so you should have both 45's in the morning many thank's Simon.

Social source share

picked up from the post office tonight

admirations - hey mama - brunswick ydj

swiftly followed with a second package containing

billy butler - sweet darling - brunswick ydj

artistics - love song - brunswick ydj

love them yellow round things.....

happy soulin

russ

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drum 12"

will you be trying for tix tomorrow?

will you be trying for tix tomorrow?

oh yeah and to keep on topic......jerry O - there was a time - white whale

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Will be trying for tix tomorrow but I'll go where necessary if not Heaton..

Back on topic, second vinyl touched today - Stone Roses - Fools Gold 12"

got mine, you?

Social source share

Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor by Yehudi Menuhin on an original Stereo HMV LP from 1959 - the last thing I played before going to bed last night, and one of my all-time favourite classical pieces.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Don Gardner.. Don't you worry on Dave Goddins soul city lable... mint unplayed in original sleeve...

Was in a sales box and listed to sell but back into my collection...

It came from a good freind who got part of Dave Goddins collection on his death, this record was part of that collection... They were very very good freinds, this makes it all the more special...

Having a clear out but..

Somethings aint for sale i guess..

Social source share

Guest ritchie

I don't know if this counts ...

Cynthia & The Imaginations Hey Boy(I Love You) Blue Rock... (DEMO) in company sleeve ' :yes:

Still in the EMS jiffy bag from Japan ( value 1 yen :lol: ), in my work bag picked up from the PO this am,

And will be un-wrapped in 2hrs 50 mins :thumbup:

Social source share

Even so, it's still a bargain!

Worth 50p just for label.

post-1986-0-02425800-1319209305_thumb.jp

And i am playing this right now,strange French copy in superb stereo sounds so different and better with Mitch Ryder on the other side ? when was this pressed ?

post-1986-0-21408400-1319209491_thumb.jp

Anybody seen or heard the LP allnighters mentioned at the bottom ?

:D

Edited by ken
Social source share

Ken, I think the Flamingos re-issue above was pressed around 1980. More likely to have been a French contract pressing, outsourced by Phonogram in the UK when their resources couldn't cope with the demand.

Would love to know more about the "Allnighters" LP it came from (see bottom of label), which I presume is also a Philips record - never heard of it, but I bet it's a lovely compilation!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Ken, I think the Flamingos re-issue above was pressed around 1980. More likely to have been a French contract pressing, outsourced by Phonogram in the UK when their resources couldn't cope with the demand.

Would love to know more about the "Allnighters" LP it came from (see bottom of label), which I presume is also a Philips record - never heard of it, but I bet it's a lovely compilation!

Got 2 or 3 copy's of original UK they never ever sounded as good as this one Gene,now is this ok to play out ? Mitch Ryder and Philips don't seem right !

Edited by ken
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!