Outstanding Contribution Award

My BIG brothers for introducing me to the scene and letting me play their records :lol::lol: some willingly some not :hatsoff2:

Got to be Serling for me as thats the time i really started getting to big big venues and he even let us pop into Red Rose Radio on a sunday morning :thumbup: but like other have mentioned ,,,,,,,,,,,there are a lot out there who should get an award for all their hard work & dedication :yes::yes:

Edited by Julie Moore
Social source share

My owd buddy Pete Lawson rip his love for Soul Music was legendary he lived breathed and dreamed soul music 24-7

he had built up a great knowledge in his crazy head before his untimely death Pete gone but never forgotten and Soul Nites / Niters

where never the same again for me without his presence :thumbsup:

Also all the guys like Rob Thomas, Andy Rix, Gilly, Ady Crosdale Ian Levine, love him or hate him Simon Soussan Neil Rushton Tim Brown n Martin Koppell John Anderson, John Manship ect ect for their trips Stateside and finding those rare 45,s & acetates ect

far to many guys to mention in that dept..and all the dj,s and punters who keep the scene alive week in week out everyone makes a contribution in some shape or form in not keeping the faith but spreading it :thumbup: For me its about the guys n girls who made this incredible music singers, session musicians song writers, producers label owners ect they are the ones who have made outstanding contributions in our lifes for our love for Soul Music

Remember but for Black American Soul Music, We would never have met so many nice people, Become friends with so many or had our lifes fulfilled by a type of music which for many of us is not just a hobby but a way of life. Dont Keep the Faith... Spread It...

Love, Peace & Happiness Always

Ian Cunliffe

• Helpful 3
Social source share

My owd buddy Pete Lawson rip his love for Soul Music was legendary he lived breathed and dreamed soul music 24-7

he had built up a great knowledge in his crazy head before his untimely death Pete gone but never forgotten and Soul Nites / Niters

where never the same again for me without his presence :thumbsup:

Also all the guys like Rob Thomas, Andy Rix, Gilly, Ady Crosdale Ian Levine, love him or hate him Simon Soussan Neil Rushton Tim Brown n Martin Koppell John Anderson, John Manship ect ect for their trips Stateside and finding those rare 45,s & acetates ect

far to many guys to mention in that dept..and all the dj,s and punters who keep the scene alive week in week out everyone makes a contribution in some shape or form in not keeping the faith but spreading it :thumbup: For me its about the guys n girls who made this incredible music singers, session musicians song writers, producers label owners ect they are the ones who have made outstanding contributions in our lifes for our love for Soul Music

Remember but for Black American Soul Music, We would never have met so many nice people, Become friends with so many or had our lifes fulfilled by a type of music which for many of us is not just a hobby but a way of life. Dont Keep the Faith... Spread It...

Love, Peace & Happiness Always

Ian Cunliffe

Great post Ian, spot on :thumbsup:

Social source share

i would like to mention some djs who never get mentioned nowdays for there contribution to this great scene,they may not be djing now but back in the 70s they did clubs in the notts derby area,and inspired many people like me to expand our horizons and try all nighters. many thanks john black ian walker denny john poole andy lee jonathan derek sheldon hector cant remember any more

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

smith kliene & french.....and riker should have a mention......these two companies contribution wether they liked it or not,or folk on here like it or not.......is right up there

Social source share

Understand that Mike, but without the site, no members, no easy access info, no day to day stuff, all important to me and many others

Deffo agree with you there Winnie , like you me and many others , some of the information on here is invaluable to us all , keep up the good work Mike. :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Deffo agree with you there Winnie , like you me and many others , some of the information on here is invaluable to us all , keep up the good work Mike. :thumbup:

Totally agree, I sometimes think that people sometimes don't fully appreciate what a great utility this is. Whether they are selling 45's, looking for wants, looking for somewhere to go, or just keeping up with what's going on. I know I certainly have made use of this site over the years and appreciate the hard work that goes into keeping it running and up to date, so here's to you Mike :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

John Anderson - :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Definitely John Anderson.

The amount of records found and brought over by John that could have otherwise been lost to landfill etc.

Made available at the right time in quantity to help satisfy the demand amongst DJ s & collectors.

He provided a source for collectors like me to have a realistic chance of owning these records.

As back in those days before the Internet the chance of owning such was quite limited.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!