• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsoul

I only know of two singles by Patti Jo.

Ain't No Love Lost / Stay Away From Me - Scepter

Make Me Believe In You / Keep Me Warm - Wand

Can anyone help with some info on her. Were these two singles her only releases ?

soulmac.

PJ CERTAINLY WAS CALLED PATTI BUT WHETHER OR NOT IT'S THE SAME PERSON NOT SURE. BUT HERE'S SOME INFO ON PJ

ALSO RECORDED AS PATTI & MICKEY (DENTON) ON IMPACT.

AS PATTI JEROME ON AMERICAN ARTS 102 'BABY LET ME BE YOUR BABY/NO MORE TEARS (64)

AS P.J ON V.I.P 25062 'IT TAKES A MAN TO TEACH A WOMAN HOW TO LOVE/THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE (71)

TAMLA 54215 'T.L.C. (tender loving care) /IT TAKES A MAN TO TEACH A WOMAN HOW TO LOVE (72)

I'M SURE THERE'S OTHER TITLES. I SEEM TO RECALL READING THEY WERE THE SAME ARTIST PJ & PATTI JO AND HER NAME WAS JEROME SO IT FITS

CHEERS

CHRIS M :unsure:

'

Social source share

P.J./Patti Jerome is not Patti Jo. They sound nothing like each other, and Patti Jo apparently was some kind of "prodigy" and recorded those 1972/1973 Wand and Scepter sides with Curtis Mayfield at the age of 16. Patti Jerome recorded (to my knowledge) as far back as the mid-50s so can't possibly be the same person.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Can anyone help with some info on her. Were these two singles her only releases ?

soulmac.

She had some unissued stuff as well "This is the price I must pay", an occasional spin of mine to more discerning audiences. I also have a several page article on her somewhere in a black stars magazine - she was a curtis mayfield protogee. Loads of pix of her walking down the road etc....

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

How much does 'Aint no love lost' normally go for, i've just bought it and want to know if i got it cheap!?

Ste.

Edited by Ste Brazil
Social source share

No never seen that, i think the Album was called "New Disco Gold", with 2 "neon" disco dancers on the front ! must be the same mix of patti jo as it was about 6 mins long.

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

P.J./Patti Jerome is not Patti Jo. They sound nothing like each other, and Patti Jo apparently was some kind of "prodigy" and recorded those 1972/1973 Wand and Scepter sides with Curtis Mayfield at the age of 16. Patti Jerome recorded (to my knowledge) as far back as the mid-50s so can't possibly be the same person.

Fair enough , i'm learning all the time on here, it's a great way to share knowledge, even if it's not always acurate, never the less like i say learning everyday. Cheers Chris M ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert