D-Town - (Label Of The Week)

45cellar

Guest Dave Turner

The YouTube clip was originally put up by one of the brothers, so you can ask him directly!

They were both alive and well in May 2010 ... post 4

Social source share

• 2 months later...

There's a TV show currently on Sky set in the 60's called Vegas. Previously I heard some obscure, and yes, rare soul/northern, for example The Vines Hey Hey Girls amongst the soundtrack, but this week I was singing along to a tune then realise what it was - it was The Precisions "You're Sweet" on D-Town.

A personal favourite of mine years back, but like so many others we forget them if we don't dig 'em out of the box. Oddly enough there's no youtube or other interweb sound file I could find. Even JM lists it without a soundfile. (dunno why i'm shocked when I look for a tune and it's not on YT, but I always am shocked. One day I must get around to doing some myself and adding these missing gems)

Social source share

There's a TV show currently on Sky set in the 60's called Vegas. Previously I heard some obscure, and yes, rare soul/northern, for example The Vines Hey Hey Girls amongst the soundtrack, but this week I was singing along to a tune then realise what it was - it was The Precisions "You're Sweet" on D-Town.

A personal favourite of mine years back, but like so many others we forget them if we don't dig 'em out of the box. Oddly enough there's no youtube or other interweb sound file I could find. Even JM lists it without a soundfile. (dunno why i'm shocked when I look for a tune and it's not on YT, but I always am shocked. One day I must get around to doing some myself and adding these missing gems)

Big fave in this house to, flip, "Mexican Love Song" is fab aswell

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!