Which Celebrities Have You Seen Dancing At A Soul Night

Steve Brown

Jem Brittin and myself were asked if we would do a private soul night for a 40th birthday in sleepy Stanwick in Northamptonshire. I was only able to get there for around 9.30 by which time a fair few people were dancing. Right in front of the decks was former Man Utd footballer Dion Dublin dancing away like a good un. There was also a strange guy dressed in a Zoot Suit wearing spats and a Fedora. I said to my Mrs 'Who does he think he is, Kid Creole?' Never thought too much more about it until Jem suddenly appeared with a record sleeve with writing all over it and announced that he had just got it signed by Kid Creole! It didn't end there. One of the guys on the dance floor who had come with Mr Creole turned out to be the main man from Odyssey, unreal!. All three were top blokes just having a good time but it made me wonder who people have spotted on the dance floor that were there purely for fun.

I know these guys were guests at a party so don't strictly qualify but thought this might be a bit of fun seeing who we might come up with.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

yeah I remember him from those dayers, he lives in Hove. seen quite a few actors at the 100 club, don't remember all their names but you see them in the Bill, and Various soaps.

We used to see Mark Williams about as well as he had a house in Brighton, he of Weasley / Potter fame..and the fast show of course... Midlands lad, from Bromsgrove...

M

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Ahh it was about 6 years ago at our place, seem to remember mostly 60's but not 100% sure - she was a really nice person though with no airs and graces at all.

Amazing do you still see her or was that a one off ?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Not on the dancefloor but I went to the Rocket once and Dale Winton had paid a visit. He was gone by the time we arrived but some photos came up the day after showing him on the stage (collects records I believe)

Wes Brown apparently goes to the Wheel or at least he did until his transfer...

Mark C :thumbsup:

I remember Dale at the Rocket, he was up behind the decks when Ian Levine was on, looking over his shoulder at what he was putting on. Can't remember if he danced.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Lost touch with her to be honest, tried to re-book her but they were on tour in Athens at the time!

I believe she's friends with Kev Roberts though.

Hey she may be at stoke on saturday then !!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Not on the dancefloor but I went to the Rocket once and Dale Winton had paid a visit. He was gone by the time we arrived but some photos came up the day after showing him on the stage (collects records I believe)

Wes Brown apparently goes to the Wheel or at least he did until his transfer...

Mark C :thumbsup:

I saw him there a couple of times Mark :)

Social source share

Sat next to Buster Bloodvessel at the 100.

Saw a bloke from Corrie at Brighouse Ritz, ginger bloke who played a mechanic, his daughter did him in in the show, no idea of his name though

The guy from two packets of crisps, Munch is it, he was floating about for a while, saw him mostly round Manchester.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Sat next to Buster Bloodvessel at the 100.

Saw a bloke from Corrie at Brighouse Ritz, ginger bloke who played a mechanic, his daughter did him in in the show, no idea of his name though

The guy from two packets of crisps, Munch is it, he was floating about for a while, saw him mostly round Manchester.

Tyrone in Corrie, Prestwich.

Social source share

I'd forgotten about Tyrone, didn't he turn up with a few of the cast. There was one of the younger girls from either Corrie or Eastenders at one of the rockets, I didn't actually recognise her, someone I was with did :)

Can't remember for sure, I thought he was with a mate out of another show???? Could have been bother cast member.

Social source share

One of my all time suprises was late 90s early 2000,i was at a local north notts venue Rainworth welfare Carl Pipers do i beleive before he went to Kingsway hall..

Having a chinwag and a few beers with mates,when "All of a sudden"pardon the pun :thumbsup: ........ Edwin Starr RIP walked in. The response was amazing from the Northern crowd,,, it was like god had walked in, he didnt dance though but introd some tunes......

I knew he was guest appearing on local radio that nite,but to see a soul artist of The highest calibre appear at a local venue was truly amazing.

Social source share

Nick(Lockstock/Joe Meek) Moran turned up at the Rocket...let him in free but his mates paid.Little did he know just around the corner was Meek's old flat.Dale Winton was/is into the music and was at the Rocket.Didn't John Peel visit Wigan for a radio show.I have deejayed soul at a private party in Waterloo at a gallery and John Entwhistle turned up....does that count. He was a nice bloke and drunk courvasier like it was going out of fashion.Seen a picture of Anna Ford at Wigan and that Eric Knowles bloke.Richard Searling ex producer of a pre Joy Division band Warsaw has known to deejay as ex KRS 1 member Chris King.

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

kev what was his rear name

I was managing a petrol station many years ago while back in Boston, Lincs. Freddie Starr was booked to play the local theatre and pulled up in his Roller to fill up. We had a nice chat and he was a thoroughly decent fella. He paid for his fuel on Barclaycard and as he signed the slip I asked if he would let me have his autograph too. The Barclaycard slip was signed... Frederick L Starr but his autograph for me was just Freddie Starr. So whether he has changed his name or it was just coincidence, he is officially Frederick L Starr.

Sometimes I amaze myself at the sh*te that sticks in my mind :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!