Was It A Crazy Idea ?

Guest Phil Armstrong

Guest Phil Armstrong

Having a camcorder projecting one of the turntables onto a screen in each room at the recent Derby Assembly Rooms Allnighter .

May do it again if it was of interest, was this a welcome addition or shall I order a straightjacket?

Cheers Phil

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

They used to do that at the Rocket, apparently looked great

They used to show the record going on, then showed archive footage of the singer (if they had any) and label scans during the record. Yes it did look good. Gave the non-dancers something to look at. :P

Social source share

Having a camcorder projecting one of the turntables onto a screen in each room at the recent Derby Assembly Rooms Allnighter .

May do it again if it was of interest, was this a welcome addition or shall I order a straightjacket?

Cheers Phil

Great idea , as was the the three excellent decks in each room .

Tony

Social source share

They used to do that at a lot of big clubs and rave events 10-15 years ago, Mezzanine in Wolverhampton always did it. I thought it was a great idea then, and still do, perfect for Northern do's methinks.

:thumbup:

Social source share

I absolutely loved it!

The only criticism I had was that there wasn't a camera on both decks! More of it that's what I say.

I would have liked to have seen it on both decks, to see what the next track up was, but it was big enough for eveyone to see, Great adds to the fun.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

The only criticism I had was that there wasn't a camera on both decks! More of it that's what I say.

We also have a camera trained on the decks at the collectors night over here...who ever passes the camera as the record is about to end rotates it on its tripod to then point at the next disc...fun for all! The image appears on the huge flat-screen TV hung on the wall...its great!

Social source share

They used to show the record going on, then showed archive footage of the singer (if they had any) and label scans during the record. Yes it did look good. Gave the non-dancers something to look at. :P

They used I think the Beat Shows and that 3 dvd set of soul singer footage that came out around that time.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert