Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Guest east rob

Another motown pick, Jimmy Ruffin this time :)

the u.s version sounds a different mix, ? more punchy :g:

Edited by east rob
Social source share

One played last night I'd not heard in ages & it sounded great played loud.So one I'll be digging it out for a spin or two on the old turntable sometime today no doubt.

Marion Black-Who Knows Capsoul

Cheers

Martyn

Bloody hell Martyn , I always thought Marion was a woman !!!!!

Social source share

New release from this year from me today,been bit of a biggie at The Hideaway & other places.They are a Cornish band & there's some great footage of them performing this live on You Tube.

Frootful feat Angeline Morrisons-Fish In The Sea Freestyle

Cheers

Martyn

Great stuff like the Gizelle version of I'm a Good Woman

Nice One !

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Paul

Who's this?I've got it by someone else on a B side but for the life of me can't think who by (it's my age :D).Like this :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn, It's the B side of Syl Johnson "Try Me" on Twinight (but pitched up about +8 :wink: )

Social source share

Hi H.

Ok im gonna have to ask the obvious! The penny didnt drop until after watching the clip, when i saw someone who looked very much like Muhamad Ali

(aka Cassius Clay) & then realised the singers name is CLAY :ohmy: ..... Am i the only one that noticed or is it so obvious that know one has mentioned it!!!!!

So Howard.... Whats the story?.... Got to be his first wife... Yes?.. or sister maybe?

I know this is not meant to be a question of sport but I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!! :wicked:

Oh great version by the way almost forgot thats why i posted a reply in the first place :D

Just gooled it and answered my own question! Learn something new every day on here! :yes:

Edited by Soulfulshoes
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi H.

Ok im gonna have to ask the obvious! The penny didnt drop until after watching the clip, when i saw someone who looked very much like Muhamad Ali

(aka Cassius Clay) & then realised the singers name is CLAY :ohmy: ..... Am i the only one that noticed or is it so obvious that know one has mentioned it!!!!!

So Howard.... Whats the story?.... Got to be his first wife... Yes?.. or sister maybe?

I know this is not meant to be a question of sport but I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!! :wicked:

Oh great version by the way almost forgot thats why i posted a reply in the first place :D

Just gooled it and answered my own question! Learn something new every day on here! :yes:

For more info on Sonji Clay click here.

Best

Mick

Social source share

New release from this year from me today,been bit of a biggie at The Hideaway & other places.They are a Cornish band & there's some great footage of them performing this live on You Tube.

Frootful feat Angeline Morrisons-Fish In The Sea Freestyle

Cheers

Martyn

thanks, had totally missed this, now ordered & on it's way :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This mornings offering: A great ballad by "The Voice". This is one of my Top 5 Four Tops outings. One of my prized musical memorabelia possessions I have is the original sheet music of this song, autographed by all four of them. Old cliche but the man could sing the telephone book and get away with it.

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/jO3eiGylwpA

• Helpful 3
Social source share

THE MARVELETTES 'Your cheating ways'....Again only Motown could produce a 'b' side as good as this, never heard it played at a Northern do in my life but what a record...

• Helpful 1
Social source share