Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

This mornings offering: Fantastic song, written by a man who's memory haunts me. He lived 5 miles from me for 5 years and I only discovered this when I attended his funeral. Done by countless artists and it's difficult to find a poor version the song is that good. One of my top 10 songs of all time. Almost disco but not quite in my book. Quality record for the price of a bag of crisps. Love it.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

This mornings offering: Fantastic song, written by a man who's memory haunts me. He lived 5 miles from me for 5 years and I only discovered this when I attended his funeral. Done by countless artists and it's difficult to find a poor version the song is that good. One of my top 10 songs of all time. Almost disco but not quite in my book. Quality record for the price of a bag of crisps. Love it.

Regards,

Dave

Dave

It'll always be Little Anthony for me but know what you mean about it been a quality song :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Got this from Gaz muse who sadly is no longer with us, Pestered him for months to sell me it at a good price, Now I carnt hear it without thinking of him and reminds me of all the good times we had a true gent

Clyde McPhater "Lonely people carnt afford to cry" Amy

Social source share

Got this from Gaz muse who sadly is no longer with us, Pestered him for months to sell me it at a good price, Now I carnt hear it without thinking of him and reminds me of all the good times we had a true gent

Clyde McPhater "Lonely people carnt afford to cry" Amy

Miff

Nice one matey,happy days :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

LP track tonight and for me THE Version

MOMENTS - I'VE GOT THE NEED - ALL PLATINUM LP

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s. well done folks there's a lot of stuff out there that I need to get :yes:

With ya all the way on this Swifty, always been THe version for me too, would have been great if they had done a 45 on it! Also concur on all the stuff posted, beeen away from thread thread a few days and there's rakes of great tips :thumbsup:

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest ritchie

This I feel is one of the most pos+ threads on Soulsource ever :yes: no bollotix no bitching just great soul and plenty of it...

And what an education I've already got about a dozen new choons on the strength of this thread...

e.g I played Rich Chorley's JB choice a few days back .. on the radio the other night ...went down a storm.. :thumbsup:

Keep them coming.. :thumbup:

Edited by ritchie
Social source share

This I feel is one of the most pos+ threads on Soulsource ever :yes: no bollotix no bitching just great soul and plenty of it...

And what an education I've already got about a dozen new choons on the strength of this thread...

e.g I played Rich Chorley's JB choice a few days back .. on the radio the other night ...went down a storm.. :thumbsup:

Keep them coming.. :thumbup:

spot on comment Ritchie :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Regards,

Dave

Agree with all the above Dave.

This is one of the versions I don't own, but will be looking for it as of now... I posted The Delfonics & Cathy Carlson some way back Since L.Anthony I wonder just how many versions there are?

Social source share

This morning's offering: Yet another cover version but one that doesn't just regurgitate the original. A great song that is really given new life by both the arrangement (backing vocals are sooperb), and Eric's almost Teddy like vocal. And all this for the price of a sherbert dip (ask yer Dad!). Love it.

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Agree with all the above Dave.

This is one of the versions I don't own, but will be looking for it as of now... I posted The Delfonics & Cathy Carlson some way back Since L.Anthony I wonder just how many versions there are?

Not forgetting Susan Rafey's version Ritchie, that's my fav after of course Little Anthony's original version of this classic Teddy Randazzo tune :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Love a bit of Na Allen, got a couple of great double siders from him, here's his Ronn outing "Evertime It Rains" and the flip "Lay It On Me Right Now" (will try the other one tomorrow)

steve

Agree big time Steve both sides are superb.

I'm enjoying this version at the moment, another great double sider too.

Edited by gazman
Social source share