Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

:hatsoff2:SORRY NO SOUND CLIPS FOR THESE RECORDS, BUT THEY ARE ALL WORTHY PLAYS:-

HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN PLAYING RECORDS FROM MY UK COLLECTION, AS ALWAYS, TONIGHT IT'S THE CBS RECORDS THAT ARE FROM THE BOX! AND I AM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE, THEY ARE FORGOTON GEMS, THAT HAVE BEEN OVER LOOKED BY THE CLASSIC A SIDE? The late DAVE GODIN is on record as stating that Betty Swann MONEY recording, "make me yours" is one of the finest examples of soul music, I would agree, but the B side "I will not cry" is also a fantastic play, on CBS 2942 RATED ***** VALUE £50 Issue. DEMO £100 & A DEMO with it's Picture cover = offers, I should add that there is a northern soul version on the B side of CONTEMPO-RARIES CR9019 that also deserves to be played, depending on what version you prefer I guess? value £10,

Next is the dogs b, Written by VAN McCoy, the SPELLBINDERS "FOR YOU" CBS 28622 VALUE £30 ISSUE, DEMO £50+ RATED ***** If you don't no this because you got the "chain reaction" on DIRECTION you have missed out for many years on a classic! ENJOY! :rofl:DAVE

post-13241-0-69554300-1321486073_thumb.jpost-13241-0-45421300-1321486115_thumb.j

Social source share

EDDIE PARKER...'Crying clown'...Deep Soul with a beat as somebody once described this record, an incredible ASHFORD/CHANDLER composition...Staying in the TRIPLE B groove....

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Slow and soulful from me today had this recored for near on 30 years got it in a soul pack, loved it then, love it now, starts slow and builds into a soulful cresendo, The other side is called, Als razorblade which is a funky thing which ive seen this listed as

Skullsnaps "Ain't that lovin you" Grill

Edited by miff
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

:hatsoff2:SORRY NO SOUND CLIPS FOR THESE RECORDS, BUT THEY ARE ALL WORTHY PLAYS:-

HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN PLAYING RECORDS FROM MY UK COLLECTION, AS ALWAYS, TONIGHT IT'S THE CBS RECORDS THAT ARE FROM THE BOX! AND I AM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE, THEY ARE FORGOTON GEMS, THAT HAVE BEEN OVER LOOKED BY THE CLASSIC A SIDE? The late DAVE GODIN is on record as stating that Betty Swann MONEY recording, "make me yours" is one of the finest examples of soul music, I would agree, but the B side "I will not cry" is also a fantastic play, on CBS 2942 RATED ***** VALUE £50 Issue. DEMO £100 & A DEMO with it's Picture cover = offers, I should add that there is a northern soul version on the B side of CONTEMPO-RARIES CR9019 that also deserves to be played, depending on what version you prefer I guess? value £10,

Next is the dogs b, Written by VAN McCoy, the SPELLBINDERS "FOR YOU" CBS 28622 VALUE £30 ISSUE, DEMO £50+ RATED ***** If you don't no this because you got the "chain reaction" on DIRECTION you have missed out for many years on a classic! ENJOY! :rofl:DAVE

post-13241-0-69554300-1321486073_thumb.jpost-13241-0-45421300-1321486115_thumb.j

great builder eh!! love it D. :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

The flip (actually A side), to Irma Thomas's uptempo stormer - What Are You Trying To Do.

Take A Look - great shuffler and what a voice!

Social source share

Play this often, one of my all time faves...a cheapo but rarely played out, one of the most magnificent examples of midtempo Detroit Northern Soul ever cut....Fantastic vocals. awesome melody and tip top production on one of the greatest groups produced by Black America....stupendous....imagine the value of this if there had only ever been a few dozen copies... :hatsoff2:

Love this Rich, nice flip too from memory???

Social source share

Love this Rich, nice flip too from memory???

From that description I am guesssing I am talking about THE FANTASTIC FOUR on this one STEVE - So many records in this thread now I cannot go back through it all! Flip is actually a stunning slowie, starts off with a strange showbizzy trumpets and horns fanfare, then a kind of jazzy torch song feel on the intro and then slowly kicks into to a monster of a Soul record...'To share your love'...SWEET JAMES on top form indeed.... :hatsoff2:

Edited by rich chorley
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

For my buddy Little Stevie.

Deep soul - " wrench" !! as John Manship once said.Plenty of time later,for more NS/midtempo.

Great tune with buckets of feeling! :thumbup:

I know this is one is old hat but it still gets me every time.

Social source share

Another record I'd forgotten about , had this years ago (never heard it out though), stummbled

across it again a couple of months ago and bought an issue cheap. Then got a demo even cheaper :thumbup: .

Old stylee Blue Eyed Northern - great arrangement imho , not everbody's cup of tea though.

THE LEE GREENWOOD AFFAIR - THINK IT OVER - DOT

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL LETS SEE IF THIS WORKS FOR ME? AS ALWAYS I CAN RECOMEND THE MUSIC THAT I POST FOR YOUR COLLECTION.

This evening I have had an urge to share this fabulous instremental with you! as I am sure it's never ben played on the SCENE? If it has I still claim credit for discovering it, as when I did play it out, top UK collectors Roy Geldor (Darlaston) & Mick Smith did not no it and I have never seen it listed, so I hope you dig it, as it is a classic inst with the 60's JAZZ MOD sound that i could listen All Night to! Oh yeah!

From the pen of the great Lalo Schifrin - "Venice after dark" UK MGM-1329. RATED ***** VALUE Issue ?. Demo ?. HOWEVER IT IS RARE!

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE ORGAN BREAK? :g:MMMM! DAVE K

post-13241-0-48074800-1321557372_thumb.jpost-13241-0-39006500-1321557404_thumb.j

Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection - Soul Source Rare and Northern Soul - Page 142.flv

https://youtu.be/_BUqhsnrFFw

Social source share

From that description I am guesssing I am talking about THE FANTASTIC FOUR on this one STEVE - So many records in this thread now I cannot go back through it all! (Thick bastard, should have just looked properly at the notoification!) Flip is actually a stunning slowie, starts off with a strange showbizzy trumperts and horns fanfare, then a kind of jazzy torch song feel on the intro and then slowly kicks into to a monster of a Soul record...'to share your love'...SWEET JAMES on top form indeed.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Got the white demo in the box......great record was it ever big??.I'm sure mine has reservice on it...always intrigued what that was about on Columbia records.

think the "Special Rush Reservice" was Columbia's way of re pushing a failed demo with the radio stations kind of second bite at the cherry for a disc that they hoped would do better?? Cracking track that Tymes record btw... how I wish they had put their version of "Way Of The Crowd" (off the same Lp) on the flip... now what a cracking double sider that would have been! imho

steve

Social source share

Hey Girl - Porgy and the monarchs............My record of the day........... Just love it!!!!!!

Got this "accidently released" gem of a track on the flip of "My Heart Cries For You" how I wished Musicor had meant to issue it! Would have loved to see the writing credits, it's gotta be Teddy Randazzo hasn't it? :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Hi. Yes absolute gem of a record, i have it also on the same 45. Still gives me goosebumps.... pure class!!!!

Got this "accidently released" gem of a track on the flip of "My Heart Cries For You" how I wished Musicor had meant to issue it! Would have loved to see the writing credits, it's gotta be Teddy Randazzo hasn't it? :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

JUANITA WILLIAMS...'Baby Boy'...Can never see that Golden World label without thinking of this record for some strange reason...What an arrangement...

PS Nice to see the CHARLIE McCOY outing posted, an absolute dream midtempo gem... :hatsoff2:

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

That PATTI AUSTIN record is one of the best Northern records ever in my view mate, fantastic choice...Was talking to somebody at BOS about it, I played it at the warm up do...When people talk about PATTI AUSTIN'S records, there are lots they mention but so many people never mention this one...Just gutted because I was going to post it myself shortly, only thing is there is only that bloody remix version, which again is something not needed on a near faultless record...(By the way what side do you play at home, the mono or stereo?...) :hatsoff2:

Edited by rich chorley
Social source share

That PATTI AUSTIN record is one of the best Northern records ever in my view mate, fantastic choice...Was talking to somebody at BOS about it, I played it at the warm up do...When people talk about PATTI AUSTIN'S records, there are lots they mention but so many people never mention this one...Just gutted because I was going to post it myself shortly, only thing is there is only that bloody remix version, which again is something not needed on a near faultless record...(By the way what side do you play at home, the mono or stereo?...) :hatsoff2:

WHICHEVER COLOR THAT TAKES MY FANCY REALLY BE IT THE RED & WHITE MONO OR THE COLORED STEREO SIDE

KEV

Social source share