What Rare Record Have You Accidentally Broken ?

Andyontherock

Not mine but worth a reminder. Richard Searling lent Dave McCadden his Jades on Nite Life. Dave managed to leave it on the top of the server bit in a chip shop. Left the chippie, remembered and went back BUT to late was the cry. Think it was virtually a one off at the time. Also RS leaving the Len Barry LP with I,ll always need you on the roof of his car back in the day then drove off never to be seen again.

Social source share

Not mine but worth a reminder. Richard Searling lent Dave McCadden his Jades on Nite Life. Dave managed to leave it on the top of the server bit in a chip shop. Left the chippie, remembered and went back BUT to late was the cry. Think it was virtually a one off at the time. Also RS leaving the Len Barry LP with I,ll always need you on the roof of his car back in the day then drove off never to be seen again.

I bet that is something Richard Searling would rather forget......... :huh:

Social source share

wayne anthony " go go wedding / blow me a kiss" ( walana ) whilst giving it a clean under the tap!!!!!..........but traded the cracked copy for clifford binns "you've got to help me" united sound studio acetate back in late 80s early 90s

so a happy ending!!!!!!

franc

Social source share

Conqistadors-Can´t stop loving you broke into three pieces while trying to straighten a warp.

Steve

Absolute nightmare. I'd be having cold sweats about that blighter :ohmy:

Not in that league but did manage to snap a nice mint issue of Gino Washington on Mala into two pieces last year. Irony was I'd dropped and caught it and was congratulating myself / breathing a sigh of relief when I heard it crunch against my leg :rofl:

Social source share

1990 I bought a collection and done a lot of sell/trade/buying with it.

Done a deal with Pat Brady and got Delites "Lover" for cash and trades valuing at £500.

I still lived with my folks at the time, my old man worked shifts and always signed for any post when the rest of us were at work. So I told him I had a big record coming and to be sure to be careful, keep the package away from radiators and the dog, etc.

That arrived, no problems and into my "good" box it went.

Now this "good" box was a new one my brother, a joiner, had made for me. It was a single row for 7" with a bit of space under the lid which can have a few laid horizontally. The new "good" box was complete but had not had the handle screwed onto the lid.

As mentioned earlier my old man worked shifts which meant he was often pottering about the house for things to do during the day.

A couple of days after my Delites had arrived I was working near home and popped back for my dinner.

The old man was sitting in the house looking fucking grey! "Whats up with you, look like you've seen a ghost?" I ask him.

"Err, I've made a massive balls up, I'm so sorry I don't know what to say,your gonna go bloody mental about this. I thought I'd put the handle on that box your brother made but a screw went right through the wood and cracked the record that was lying flat on the top of the pile."

I just started pissing myself laughing as I realised what he was thinking.

Turns out my old man had done his "little job on the record box" and assumed that the one lying on top of the pile was my newest arrival! This was first thing in the morning and he'd been sweating for hours about it laugh.gif . It was actually the Four Exceptions "You got the power" which was a shame to lose, but not a problem in the scale of things

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi everyone. This is the missus. As I'm only a novice when it comes to Northern Soul, I'm not registered on Soulsource and never really look into it. However, husband has just passed me the laptop after being engrossed in this thread (plenty of gasps, "NNNNOOOOOO"'s, etc) and I must say I've been crying with laughter at the wit (husband has also shed a tear but think that could be in mourning for the records!!!). Would love to hear more :) I've been given the enormous responsibility of making sure that the little man you see in the profile pic stays away from daddy's record box whilst he's not around or at the very worst only touches/dribbles over bootlegs!!!! After reading this thread, I'm renouncing that responsibility!!!!!!! Can't cope with the repercussions!!!! Thanks again for a fantastic read!!! :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1990 I bought a collection and done a lot of sell/trade/buying with it.

Done a deal with Pat Brady and got Delites "Lover" for cash and trades valuing at £500.

I still lived with my folks at the time, my old man worked shifts and always signed for any post when the rest of us were at work. So I told him I had a big record coming and to be sure to be careful, keep the package away from radiators and the dog, etc.

That arrived, no problems and into my "good" box it went.

Now this "good" box was a new one my brother, a joiner, had made for me. It was a single row for 7" with a bit of space under the lid which can have a few laid horizontally. The new "good" box was complete but had not had the handle screwed onto the lid.

As mentioned earlier my old man worked shifts which meant he was often pottering about the house for things to do during the day.

A couple of days after my Delites had arrived I was working near home and popped back for my dinner.

The old man was sitting in the house looking fucking grey! "Whats up with you, look like you've seen a ghost?" I ask him.

"Err, I've made a massive balls up, I'm so sorry I don't know what to say,your gonna go bloody mental about this. I thought I'd put the handle on that box your brother made but a screw went right through the wood and cracked the record that was lying flat on the top of the pile."

I just started pissing myself laughing as I realised what he was thinking.

Turns out my old man had done his "little job on the record box" and assumed that the one lying on top of the pile was my newest arrival! This was first thing in the morning and he'd been sweating for hours about it laugh.gif . It was actually the Four Exceptions "You got the power" which was a shame to lose, but not a problem in the scale of things

if that had been my old man i would have said, "just give me £250, half of what its worth and we'll forget about it". Beings as my old man is so tight he squeeks when he walks, I would have had days of fun watching him sweat :wicked:

Social source share

Ray Pollard on Shrine clean in half with a hard bound diary

are you sure it wasn't snapped before you got it ?

The shrine 45s dissapearing thing was part of life in the late 80s

I thought the mafia were involved

Edited by luiz arruda paez
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!