Eddy Jacobs Exchange Manship Book Question

Chris Anderton

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ah, I see the problem. It's a glitch in the formatting. There should be a space and line break between the F and Love.

F represents the category = Funk.

Love represents the first word of the following song title on the line underneath, which should read: Love (Your pain goes deep).

Edited by Russell Gilbert
Social source share

It is.

They also did a cute version of the Four Tops "Can't Seem To Get You Out Of My Mind"......

Also, "love your pain runs deep" is the same track that frankie beverly and the butlers do on gamble. but each version credits the performing group so it's not clear who stole from whom.

Social source share

Russ, I dont know the record so to clarify, are both sides funk?

I don't know the other side but it might be a cover of the los bravos record?

It is.

Also, "love your pain runs deep" is the same track that frankie beverly and the butlers do on gamble. but each version credits the performing group so it's not clear who stole from whom.

Both the Eddy Jacobs 45 and the Beverly + Butlers on Sassy credit Billy Jackson as the writer. He's promoted to William Jackson on the Gamble issue of Frankie Beverly. which seems to have been released in 1968 while Eddy Jacobs came out in in '69.

This topic throws up a couple of interesting points, I feel. Given that there are concerns that the Northern scene has gone "too funky," there's clearly a substantial divide between a lot of the collectors if 'Pull My Coat' isn't that well known. It's kind of essential funk stuff that's maybe the equivalent of a top 500 Northern record.

Wasn't aware of a version of 'Love, Your Pain Goes Deep' by Los Bravos though - if I understand that's what being said here. Can't imagine it being much cop. Anybody got more info or a link to anywhere that it can be heard?

Social source share

Wasn't aware of a version of 'Love, Your Pain Goes Deep' by Los Bravos though - if I understand that's what being said here. Can't imagine it being much cop. Anybody got more info or a link to anywhere that it can be heard?

There seems to be some confusion here. Their two 45s on COLUMBIA are as follows:

Eddy Jacobs Exchange - Pull My Coat / Black Is Black - COLUMBIA 44821

Eddy Jacobs Exchange- Can't Seem To Get You Out Of My Mind / Love (Your Pain Goes Deep) - COLUMBIA 45174

The flipside to "Pull My Coat" is indeed a version of Los Bravos hit "Black Is Black". Much faster and more of a stomper than Los Bravos cut though.

Social source share

There seems to be some confusion here. Their two 45s on COLUMBIA are as follows:

Eddy Jacobs Exchange - Pull My Coat / Black Is Black - COLUMBIA 44821

Eddy Jacobs Exchange- Can't Seem To Get You Out Of My Mind / Love (Your Pain Goes Deep) - COLUMBIA 45174

The flipside to "Pull My Coat" is indeed a version of Los Bravos hit "Black Is Black". Much faster and more of a stomper than Los Bravos cut though.

I feel like an idiot now. :D

I've got a copy of 'Pull My Coat' but mines the double sided promo. Used to have a copy of 'Can't Seem To Get You...' too (old Wigan sound for Richard Searling), which is obviously where I know the flip from.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert