Nolan Chance Just Like The Weather

Butch's copy is Mill Edwards, Exodus test press/acetate.

The Ritchie Parker is an old Poke spin I think.

The Richie Parker version is actually Aaron Neville (well that's what it say's on my copy).

Got in touch with a friend of Aaron several years ago & he played him the mp3 I sent him & he said he vaguely remembered recording it.

Social source share

The Richie Parker version is actually Aaron Neville (well that's what it say's on my copy).

Got in touch with a friend of Aaron several years ago & he played him the mp3 I sent him & he said he vaguely remembered recording it.

I knew it was someone else but couldn't think who off top of me head, was sat in traffic too so couldn't look.

Dunno about you but I don't particularly like the version.

Butch's copy definitely Mill Edwards......

post-225-0-15943300-1316628953.png

Sound files of all versions in refo but will have to wait till it is up and running in the near future.

Social source share

Is this the version that has the instrumental to it on the 'b' side?

Yes Simon.

The copy that was Poke's had the instrumental on the b side but mine has the vocal on both sides.HDH (Holland Dozier Holland?) acetates.

He used to play it around 1980ish (both sides).

Were also some emidiscs flying around but the sound quality was terrible.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.When it comes to this recording & "a love reputation" they both have the same backing, as I'm sure you already know, the Mill Evens as far as I am aware also shares the backing track, and al 3 start at the same place, I have heard a semi instrumental of just like the "Werther" back in the 70's but I am positive it was just the 2 songs spliced together, I have done it many times, so I have discounted that one, however there is another version of " just like the weather" on the 1st constellation blue bootleg? (I assume it was a boot).

Also of interest is the writer credits JLTW credits Richard Parker, while ALR credits L Baker & W H Emerson. so why are the songs only credited and not the music? as the music publisher are different, I have come to the conclusion that the music is ANON and like most Chicago tunes eg standard 12 bar blues no one can state ownership, it's just attributed to an artist. so to conclude there must be the instrumental of these classics out there as well as other songs,

LETS HOPE SO :thumbup: DAVE

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest gordon russell

the mill evens version.....ain,t as good as nolan chance in my book.........seems like a record played just because it,s by someone else.

did ya know nolan chance came out on bunky

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!