Tony Troutman On Jerri

macca

Aside from the seller's description 'legit 2nd issue', what is this? The label is Jerri which I believe is the same one as Stevens & Foster. Is it what it says it is and if so, why the hefty price tag of $100?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TONY-TROUTMAN-Whats-Use-MEGA-Modern-Soul-LISTEN-/300581123755?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2929923371697810118

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

think it is a ligit 2nd issue(has writing round the outer of the label,original dosn't) but has gone for silly money in the past.

i bought the 2nd issue from beating rhythm manchester a few years back,thinking it was the 1st issue until was told different for £15.doh.

Social source share

it was my understanding that the 2nd issue was pressed fairly quickly after the first to meet local and then spreading demand.

They put the address on the 2nd for their own publicity as they never thought it would be anything other than a local seller.

I thought this was why the 2nd issue always made more money than most others due to the minute amount of time between both. I was told it was a few months. How true all this is I don't know, never really cared enough to sleuth it. Was told all this by a local dealer. Any one from the area confirm or deny?? Someone on here must have met Mr Troutman.

Killer tune in any case. I was selling address issues very cheap on here this summer it seems.

Social source share

No def earlier Benji.....maybe early 90s at the latest. I remember discussing it at one of the very first Yarmouths cos someone had brought a reissue thinking it was an original. Steve

Definitely an early 90s bootleg - pressed in the UK via a couple of guys from southend.....

Cheers Girth

Edited by Girthdevon
Social source share

Definitely an early 90s bootleg - pressed in the UK via a couple of guys from southend.....

Cheers Girth

Thanks for the message via ebay regarding this Gareth. I was led to believe it was a legit reissue but as your knowledge on this one is better than mine I have ended the ebay listing and will edit the description to describing it as a boot before relisting.

Cheers,

Adam.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert