Dj'ing Abroad

Davekd

Guest veep1296

I've travelled all over the Continent and the US and have never had to pay anything to anybody. I am constantly moving in and out of Spain with 45s as do many of my Mates. None of us have EVER had a problem. When coming from UK to Spain at many airports there is no immigration or customs, it's a EU destination. In the US, many security checkers will ask to see inside your box simply as they don't see 45s much. I've never been asked if I'm a DJ or if I am working. I simply tell them I'm a record collector and it usually results in a short conversation and being told that their parents having some of these ole rekkids in the attic.

Regards,

Dave

PS. I did once have to pay for an empty bag to be put aboard a RyanAir flight so I could keep my box as onboard baggage. That's RyanAir for ya.

As one of the above referred to mates, I have carted 45s in very robust (heavy) Blacka boxes all round Europe & to the US....a "100" box comes in at 8 kg... I take two using Mrs F as a box carrier..... they fit the hand luggage dims.!..

Last Monday exiting Spain via Murcia I had to open both boxes as did Budgie. The young guy wasnt quite sure what he was looking at !

I have had to open boxes many times but no real dramas...curiousity is the usual reason to see if you have a live kidney stashed!

DF

Social source share

I have never in all my years been charged for anything, not sure where that comment comes from, don't know of any others who being charged either... Carry my 125 box with me all the time as hand luggage, its 7.5 k, room also for a few other bits of clothing on 10kg limit...

How can they charge????? tell me, sometimes we pay our own way and book hotels etc, the dj fee would not cover that, do we then ask for cash back as we are out of pocket?? :D

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

I have never in all my years been charged for anything, not sure where that comment comes from, don't know of any others who being charged either... Carry my 125 box with me all the time as hand luggage, its 7.5 k, room also for a few other bits of clothing on 10kg limit...

How can they charge????? tell me, sometimes we pay our own way and book hotels etc, the dj would not cover that, do we then ask for cash back as we are out of pocket?? :D

:D

Social source share

I've been asked to DJ abroad for the first time and panicing about taking my records! I wondered if anyone has any advice/stories etc - probably only going to take 70 or so maximum.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm just back from Spain, 2 small boxes containing about 75 records, I put them in a bag and took them as handluggage, no rpobs.

Good luck

Chris

Social source share

Thanks guys, put my mind at rest there, definately going for the carry on option - I've got a small spot at the Big Thing Weekender in Valencia, so original (Northern) vinyl only Ian and no danger of my records being worth 30K lol,

Managed to avoid Ryanair as well and going with Easyjet.

Thanks again.

Dave

Dave,

I've never had any problems taking a 200 box to Spain or Sweden with EasyJet.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!