Your 'holy Grail' ?

• Replies 53
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What's that one tune you've been after for ever and a day?? The one that has eluded you for longer than you can remember?

Maybe it's one that you see, but can't/won't pay the money. It could be a cheapie that you never see anywhere. My one is probably Brad Lundy-I want to share.

" My day is here " JP Robinson [blue Candle ] been after it since the Stafford era , just got my other big want " Rainbow Rd - Bill Brandon [Tower ] Best ,Eddie .

Social source share

What's that one tune you've been after for ever and a day?? The one that has eluded you for longer than you can remember?

Maybe it's one that you see, but can't/won't pay the money. It could be a cheapie that you never see anywhere. My one is probably Brad Lundy-I want to share.

Mine is defo. George Pepp. The Feeling is Real. Coleman. Loved this record forever but will never be able to afford it :angry:

Steve

Social source share

Yevone Baker - You did'nt say a word - Cameo parkway demo. Have wanted to own one since I first heard about them, Had one in my hands 3 times but not the money to pay for It. One Day it will happen :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest FYLDECOAST

Eula Cooper for me

As I have a price ceiling of £200 at the moment , I'll have to wait until the great price crash in 2007 :rolleyes:

Steve Mc

Social source share

Kell Osborne - Quicksand (TITANIC) had it in my hand recently £400. Not a bad price as I've seen it for quite a bit more, but I was still about for hundred quid shy of the asking price on that occasion. biggrin.gif

Mine is clevland robinson work song, I have had love is a trap twice but still cant find a copy of work song :yes:

Top top tune :rolleyes:

Have you heard Wishing Well?

Social source share

hi all , mine is,don heart little miss vip on mahs not seen this onlists ever in30 years of collecting ,not a big price record aroud 100 to 150 so i am informed ,all the best mr j.p.

Social source share

Guest kelvinx

" My day is here " JP Robinson [blue Candle ] been after it since the Stafford era , just got my other big want " Rainbow Rd - Bill Brandon [Tower ] Best ,Eddie .

Blinding track but always sounds like it gets cut before a nifty sax gets into full swing.Wonder if theres a longer version out there????

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Bobby Rich.

Billy Ball.

Joseph Webster.

Still the same 3 for me,has been for around 10 years now. Just can not get my head around the over inflated prices now :angry: So they will just have to wait. However, all 3s new covers are waiting for them to come home to when they are ready ranting_1.gif

Social source share

monique - if you love me .

will need a (big) lottery win

won the lottery (thunderball) 3 times last week - total of £19 ph34r.gif

Social source share

Great choice on the Brad Lundy.......amazing record.

My Holy Grail was always Little Tommy: Baby Can't You See.............then my missus goes and gets me one as wedding present.

She won't tell me how much she paid but said she'd have my balls if I'd have done it

John

Social source share

[" My day is here " JP Robinson [blue Candle ] been after it since the Stafford era , just got my other big want " Rainbow Rd - Bill Brandon [Tower ] Best ,Eddie .

Social source share

[" My day is here " JP Robinson [blue Candle ] been after it since the Stafford era , just got my other big want " Rainbow Rd - Bill Brandon [Tower ] Best ,Eddie .

There's a great version by Jimmy Beamont on Drive.........fairly similar too.

Think it goes for £50-75

John

I missed this version on Ebay- Went for a tenner!! Plumby had one a little while back for £70. I do have JPR's though which I stroke tenderly at nights. Ooh ooh, cue to play it on my show now.

Social source share

Guest Seagrave

Recently got a much sought after one of mine:

Carletts - I'm Getting Tired - Capitol

(bought off a sales thread here ... thank you Mr. Dyson!).

Now, to go completely obsessive, I need one of the same on BR. And one credited to the Corletts. Oh, and a demo!!

Cheapie I've been after for a while:

Detroit Soul - All Of My Life (I always miss out on a genuine original).

And of course:

Masqueraders - How (Going for absurdly silly money at the moment).

Social source share

NATURAL IMPULSE

Picked up a nice Frankford and Wayne

I sided studio cut test press on vinyl for a tidy sum of 3 bob and a hapenny of chips :rolleyes:

FROM A GUY IN PHILLIDELPHIA

[/quote

is that john,or sleep wayne :rolleyes:

got a txt fae ali duff(dundee)last nite hes in vegas,was aski fit local label liz damons was on 1st.told him,then got a txt bak sayin she was just away 2 go on stage.must of been tryin 2 impress her.with my knowledge. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest soul stormers

Freddie Houston - If i had know... i love that song since i was 10 more or less..!!

i don't have money enough :rolleyes: anyway i will never found it.. i think somebody told me there are only 4 copies?? not sure if i'm wrong..

hi

i have a copy for sale mint :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert