• Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Russ

I prefer the sparse version :yes:

I have the Golden Triangle release and also the Sound of Soul one on a demo with the girlie backing

Is the Sound of Soul version without the backing vocals exactly the same at the Golden Triangle version?

Fantastic Northern whichever version!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

I'm not sure mate as I have never knowingly heard the GT version. I thought the Golden Triangle version was an early 7ts re issue ?. Do the two SOS versions, girly & non girly exist in both local & Cameo Parkway distributed releases ?. Which SOS release is the hardest - anyone know ?. You see these on ebay every month, yet they still go for reasonable money - weird. Out of interest when Butch reactivated this some years ago which version was he playing, anyone confirm, I think it was the girly one, but memories shot to bits.

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

There are two different numbers for this.......SS - 217671 (No girls) 2.28 mins long, plain label design & few credits or print on label & SS - 5002 A (With & without girls & at least two label variations), plus the weird thing is on this label design it has 2.17 as the play time...........???.

Anyone have the full story pse.

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

I'm not sure mate as I have never knowingly heard the GT version. I thought the Golden Triangle version was an early 7ts re issue ?. Do the two SOS versions, girly & non girly exist in both local & Cameo Parkway distributed releases ?. Which SOS release is the hardest - anyone know ?. You see these on ebay every month, yet they still go for reasonable money - weird. Out of interest when Butch reactivated this some years ago which version was he playing, anyone confirm, I think it was the girly one, but memories shot to bits.

Best Russ

I thought the SOS Cameo Parkway distributed and girlie backing the rarest? Golden Triangle the commonest of the three.

Social source share

Not all were distributed by CP Chalky, there was a local issue too & several different vaiations of credits etc on the label & two different play times & numbers ???

Russ

SOS with girl backing, Cameo Parkway dist.

SOS no girlie backing. local issue.

Golden Triangle.

Anymore?

There are two or three other topics on this somewhere but search not playing the game here at the minute.

Social source share

SOS with girl backing, Cameo Parkway dist.

Also exists without girly backing according to the scan on the Youtube clip ?

SOS no girlie backing. local issue.

Golden Triangle.

Anymore?

There are two or three other topics on this somewhere but search not playing the game here at the minute.

Anymore anyone ?

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Scans ok here mate????

Youtube? I wouldn't believe most of the scans on them videos anyway, I watched half a dozen last night and all had wrong scans, they are lazy and simply use the first scan they get half the time without checking :rolleyes: Someone will confirm if CP was issued without girlie backing, I didn't think it was, I thought CP added the girlie backing?

Social source share

Surely it's accepted the Golden Triangle version is the last version coinciding with the Angela Davis LP, which also includes the Tyrone Thomas re-recording of "Baby, Can't You See". As stated before I prefer the CP distributed version avec girls, for me it just adds the X factor to the song, which just sounds a bit bland without them.

Social source share

In my humble opion the girlie backing ruins the track, it reminds me of Clive Dunn's Grandad we love you!! anyone know why they did it in the first place as there is hardly loads of copies of either version?

got to agree the backing singers sound like a bunch of kids shrieking away, terrible, spoil a good record.

Social source share

re-recording? They sound identical to my ears. although sound quality of the LP is rather low.

no they are defo different recordings, the words are actually different in parts of the record on the album to the SOS 45 version :thumbsup:

defo prefer the recording without the girlie backing, very week and seems like an add on even though it was released first

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

no they are defo different recordings, the words are actually different in parts of the record on the album to the SOS 45 version :thumbsup:

ah, i see. never noticed that before. thanks for clearing that up!

defo prefer the recording without the girlie backing, very week and seems like an add on even though it was released first

IMO it sounds rather month :wink:(sorry couldn't resist)

Social source share

which was released first, girlie backing one? I thought it was without first, then picked up/distributed by Parkway and girlie backing added. Later released on Golden Triangle.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert