Just Received Andre Brasseur The Kid ( Not ) Any Help Please ?

Suinoz

I have just received a copy of Andre Brasseur ' The Kid ' ( well it is supposed to be ) with Early Bird Satellite on the other side. Label is CNR and it has a picture sleeve. The red label has a date of 1977 ref number 144.587. The Kid side A is not the correct tune and i cannot identify what is on the disc. Anyone know if any of these were mispressed or wrongly labelled ?

Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance, Tony. OZ,

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Could be the track 'Holiday', which is paired with The Kid on most releases.

If it is 'Holiday' the reason for the mix up is that 'The Kid' is in fact 'Holiday' and vice-versa. At some point very early on the titles got mixed up. This possibly accounts for later UK releases that have the tracks swapped as A & B sides. I guess that when someone advised of the error they said the songs are on the wrong side - the A side should be the B side. In reality they were only supposed to swap the titles, and not the songs!

Social source share

Could be the track 'Holiday', which is paired with The Kid on most releases.

If it is 'Holiday' the reason for the mix up is that 'The Kid' is in fact 'Holiday' and vice-versa. At some point very early on the titles got mixed up. This possibly accounts for later UK releases that have the tracks swapped as A & B sides. I guess that when someone advised of the error they said the songs are on the wrong side - the A side should be the B side. In reality they were only supposed to swap the titles, and not the songs!

I'm sure I still have the album "The Multi Sound Organ of Andre Brasseur"(Bet you're all jealous), and the tracks are not mixed up as far as I remember. Ill have a look tonight.

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert